Amplifier heat...help!

Hi all, 

Working on a system for a small 9 by 11 listening room.   I have narrowed it down to two small speakers: Falcon Acoustics Ls3/5a (15 ohm, 83 db) or the Airtight AL-05, also called Bonsai II (4 ohm 89 fb).

Tha amplifier will go in a cabinet.  I have about 14 inches between shelves and I always play music with the doors open.  I would love to use a tube amplifier but worry about heat.  So I am wondering if readers think something like a Line Magnetic 211ia could work in this configuration, or if it produces too much heat?   I have also been thinking about the tube -like  solid state Sugden A21Se, but have a similar question about its temperature.   Another cool (literally cool) option would be the Vinnie Rossi LIO, an amp I love but that is conisiderably more money.

Are there other options for relatively  compact tube amps (i.e.: . I have 17 inches of depth inside this cabinet including power cords so unit cannot be more than 14 inches deep) that do not produce a lot of heat (relatively speaking?).  Or is there really no tube amp that would work well in this scenario?

thanks!
mcanaday
Have you thought about putting in a sliding tray that could be used to pull the amp out of the cabinet when in use?
Your speakers are pretty inefficient to drive so will not go very loud with low-powered amps. Octals are the larger tubes like EL34/KT120 etc.
The sliding tray is a brilliant idea.  I will investigate that.  (I guess it does leave the question of what a tube amp is going to do to the overall temp in a small room, but that might be secondary concern.)

And does that mean the Line Magnetic 211 is out?  It is an el34 but a smaller one...

thanks!

If you get the amp in free air, you can use whatever you prefer. Both your speakers choices require some thought. The 3/5 need a 15ohm tap on the amp...not that common. The Bonsai need a 4 ohm. Both need a decent amount of watts if you want to go loud although the Bonsai should be okay. Also they may not sound their best in a small room if they are up against the wall rather than well away from walls.