Tube Power Amp Suggestions

I have been looking for a tube power amp. Ideally I want to have about 40 to 70 watts output power, with sound qualities as close to a delicate SET amp as possible, with lots of details, fast, good tone (a tiny bit on the warm side) and imaging, yet with good bass and dynamic. Budget is about 10,000. Second-hand is fine. I know I am asking really too much and will probably get negative response because of this. I just want to get the best within my budget.    

My initial considerations are EAR 890 or EAR 861. What do you think?      

I heard people saying that push-pull amp can be better than SET if it is implemented well, but push-pull is more difficult to make than a SET amp.    

My speakers are measured 91db sensitivity, but it needs power to perform well. I have tried both a SET 300B XLS output at 13W and a push-pull EL34 at about 35W. My impression is as follow:            

- SET 300B XLS output at 13W: more delicate and smooth, better resolution and density, lack bass and dynamic       
- Push-pull EL34 at 35W: much more bass and dynamic, sounds a bit coarse, less 3-dimensional and delicate     

Thank you in advance for your input. 

bigdish
Cary monos, Cary S120II, ARC Ref 75…those are my fave "non-budget" amps that I would consider when I tire of my el cheapo Jolida 502p.
Bigdish,
The EAR amps you’re interested in are very well regarded. Of the 2 and given your stated preferences I believe the EAR 861 (EL 519 strapped in triode) are likely closer to SET in character. The VAC REN 70/70 mentioned earlier is an excellent example of push pull 300b topology. A very similar option is the Canary 339, 300b push pull 50 watts per channel.

A fine SET amplifier that meets your power requirements is the Line Magnetic 508ia which is 40 watts per channel via 805 tubes. I really suspect their 219ia SET 24 watts using 845 tubes would be an option as well. This is a massively built true dual mono amplifier that uses the 300b as the driver tube for the 845 output tube. Both these amps have earned terrific owners word of mouth.

It would be very helpful to know what speakers you have. All 91 db sensitivity speakers aren’t equal when it comes to ease of load characteristics (impedance).
Charles

BAT VK55 or 55SE new, or larger BAT models used.  These amps are class A triode push-pull with the really large 6C33C output tube.  55 watts per channel powers my 91db tube friendly speakers as loud as I ever want to listen with peaks over 102db at ten feet away which is far above my average levels in the mid 80's.

If you have tried amps with switchable triode mode like the Cary 120s or VAC PHI 110 that I've owned, you may think triode is soft and slow which is what I experienced.  The VK55 proves that triode is not soft or slow.  It kicks butt when required all the while capturing fine details and lush tones.

The only downside for me is heat.  This amp is a space heater.  I'm in AZ and right now is perfect, not so much in summer.   

In the 6C33C camp, I love my Audio Mirror 45 Watt SET mono blocks. New cost way under your budget. Drive my 87dB speakers very well, and the sound is glorious. Money left over for tubes and power cords.