How do I power my 800D(3)s

Hi folks

I am new to this, but trying to learn fast!

I have long been a fan of Bowers and Wilkins and I am lucky enough to buy a brand new pair of 800D(3)'s.  I have recently built a new house, so now have enough space for this very special purchase, which I plan to make in the next month or so.

I want to run a two channel system in our living room so it's a pretty simple layout.  Can anybody give me some advice, so that I get the best out of the speakers.  Will a Pre-Amp, and an Amp be enough with a Streamer?  Do I need two amps?  

Can you also advise on the best brands to look at.  I see that B&W tends to show the speakers off in thier demo's with Classe?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
128x128matt_gf
@joey_v 

Based on these posts, bo1972 deserves a lifelong membership of B&W haters club :-)

@lalitk I agree haha

im not going to give bo any more time that he needs.  I've encountered him way too many times on audiogon and he says the same thing.  Every thread he tries to derail even though it's not about the speakers that the OP is asking about... He is asking about amplification but Bo takes it upon himself to teach us about his trufi garbage.

FYI I've had Sonus Faber Stradivari and Rockport Aviors in my room and the BW  802d3 for me are better for my listening preferences and my biases.

Are they for everyone?  No there is no such thing.

But unlike Bo, I don't presume to tell everyone what to listen to because I have insight.  I'm not blind like Bo.

Not everyone is Bo.
Thanks again for the continual feedback.  Some more useful than others :)

I hear that there could be new Classe Kit on the market in March/April so I need to bare this in mind.

I have planned some dealer visits over the weekend with a friend and somebody who I believe will help me to debate the pros/cons.

I agree with the main summary that I should base the choice on my own listening preferences.  After all, you guys have no idea how well calibrated my ears are!

Thanks again.

Matt

P.S.  I have learned through this process, that most of the brands could do with a serious design/aesthetic overhaul.  I would say that I am an Industrial Designer :)
People are not able to look further, that is a fact as well.

For the money the 800D3 costs you should get a huge holographic 3D stage with all the layers in the frequencies. And it needs to be able to show you diversity in height of the instruments and voices.

But it is a fact that the 800D3 cannot create it. I am even prepared to demo it.

Who is prepared for a shootout? Who can let us hear a huge 3D stage with the 800D3? Who can let us demo that high hats are played free and high in the air?

Many people prefer to hear what they want to hear. This way they limit themselves.

Audio is not about a brand, it is all about the best quality you can get. At this moment B&W is by far not the best brand in quality. But when they will get new and better people the next generation can be a lot better.

What I said earlier; I don’t bash B&W, I don’t have anything against it. I want people to get the highest level in quality possible.

What is wrong with that?

I sold Classe for over 6 years of time. Classe is like a good meal. It tast well and there is nothing wrong with it. But when you want something extra or even more tasty Classe is not the best you can get.

Audio is all about those products which are the best in it’s class and brings all the emotion out of the music.

Just stop Bo.

Matt asked about amplification not your speech on trufi and speaker preferences.