Resale value

Just curious ... do you consider potential resale value when purchasing new or used equipment?
rlb61

"investing" in a child's future is not meant literally, It has some of the characteristics of investing, but not all.  It's an analogy. The parent doesn't expect to profit from it, it's a gift.   

I'm looking at funding an Ivy League education right now, which puts any significant hifi acquisitions on hold.  I think I'll call it, "paying".

Post removed 
lloydc

"investing" in a child's future is not meant literally, It has some of the characteristics of investing, but not all. It's an analogy. The parent doesn't expect to profit from it, it's a gift
Agreed! And of course, in a sense, audio is an investment, because the ROI is the enjoyment of the music. And - perhaps this is the best part - it's a benefit that isn't yet subject to tax. That's sweeeet!

I've been looking for some advice on buying some new stocks.

Looks like I may have found the right forum LOL

HAHAHAHA

On a more serious note though, personally I tend to consider re-sale value in my audio purchases, as I may look to upgrade in the future. I do not make it my primary consideration, but I do give it some thought. If I find something that I have been looking for, at a decent price point, I will go for it, regardless of re-sale value

Initially, I said that buying equipment was analogous to the stock market. "Analogous" simply means that something is like, or similar to, something else-not precisely the same. My comment was first taken out of context, and then blown out of proportion. The analogy wasn't that difficult to understand!