What are the smallest speakers that are clean and flat down to 20hz?

Also what bass driver or drivers do they use?

Thanks.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
Wolf probably not but who would not want to know which actually can do it all best and for how much?

The lowest frequencies produced by almost all musical instruments are not as low as commonly believed. For instance, whilst 28Hz was above stated as being produced by an upright bass, that instrument's lowest note---the E string played "open", is actually located at 42Hz. The 4-string electric bass (often incorrectly called a bass guitar, even by John Atkinson, who should know better) produces that same note and frequency as it's lowest.

There are a few instruments which produce frequencies lower than 42Hz, including pipe organ, grand piano, and contra bassoon. Some recordings made in very large spaces---cathedrals, concert halls---contain the very low frequencies those rooms support. The ability to reproduce those very low frequency "room sounds" is one of the benefits of good subwoofers. A good recording of a pipe organ played in a cathedral will contain the "shuddering" sound that combination produces. It is an enormous, massive, thrilling sound!

Bdp24 (Eric)

So ......as a drummer..... what is your opinion of Phil Collins? 
had to ask !  

Cheers Chris
My take is that Noble100 (Tim)  is the "smartest man in the village" with educated insight.  I look to see more of his posts.  If the penchant of the OP is excellent bass response in a small speaker, I will offer two alternatives:  Joseph Audio Pulsars or Dynaudio C1 speakers... pretty flat down to the low 40 hz realm.  I recall hearing the Pulsars at an audio show driven by a Rogers tube amp (!) and the bass response from these stand mount speakers was astounding, with gut-wrenching bass response.  Ditto for Dyn's.  The JA Pearls go down to 25 hz, but are +$20K and are hulkingly large speakers.

As Tim cogently informs us, your goals of having smallish speakers with the bass response that is your goal defies the laws of physics.  I personally would not need a subwoofer for the Pulsars or C1's in a modestly-sized room as I am a lover of sublime mid-range response, but the addition of one or two REL subs to a pair of fine stand mount speakers will fulfill your needs very nicely, but still get you response only to the mid 30s hz.   I use a REL T-7 with my Spatial Audio M4 Holograms and it rounds out the LF response extremely well.  

I asked for the smallest that could do it. Nothing impossible about that since some clearly can and do just a matter of how small that can be.

shadornes Barefoot recommendation was a good shot.   On paper clearly  a lot of bang in a smaller package if not quite able to hit the 20hz mark.