Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
johnkidd31,

Very recently. I was there 3 weeks ago and their contractor came in and asked them to remove all the artwork from one wall so they could paint the next day. They have been there a long time. I've been going there for 20 years. They appear to be very busy on the weekends and operate and very expedited consignment business. I believe it was purely a strategic move, I am not privy to any financial info.

I have purchased a lot of gear from them over the years. And I will continue to shop there when they are competitive. I bought my Mark Levinson no.334 back in the days when they were a Premier Mark Levinson Dealer! Lou Hamilton, the owner, and his staff have always given me good guidance on system matching and continue to allowed me to demo components and cables at home. Mr. Hamilton now operates AE West in Utah.

N

Nutty,

I was at AE a few months ago and it looked bad. Half full, rooms nearly empty, etc. That now makes sense as they were obviously paring down their lineup due to the reduction of sq. footage.

I've bought several items from AE in the past, from Linn, CAL, Vandersteen, etc. Last time I was there I did not see a single item that interested me. Hopefully they will consolidate on a few quality brands that offer good value and will have enough sales volume to keep them going.

Have you been to Hanson Audio up in Dayton? It's a seriously nice place. Great facility. Pretty good selection too. Worth a trip if you are in the market for new/retail high end. I've even bought some used stuff from them.
reubent,
I believe it was a strategic move. Seems everyone shops online these days. In fact, I have purchased two pieces in three months over the net. So space is at a premium. 
Take a look at the website. They carry a wide variety of quality equipment at many price points.
www.audibleelegance.com
As for Hanson, I have not had the pleasure of visiting their store. I have viewed their website. Looks like a top notch outfit. Enjoy the music!!!

N

First time posting to this thread.  I've been here in Cincy for over 12 years and have met a few other audio folks in the area as well as attended a couple of annual events at Mike Morrow's place across the river in Kentucky.

Happy to meet other people in the area to share systems and fine music.

Audible Elegance has indeed shrunk from a once pretty busy place.  I've bought a number of things from them and they helped me set up my first installed home theater.  It's sad to see them shrink.

Hanson Audio in Dayton is in another league and worth the trip to see their place.  This is high end.

Cincinnati Guys,

I was in Audible Elegance again today. As Nutty said, they have downsized into about half of their old area. Things have been put back in order and they have some good systems set up in the 4 remaining rooms. The good news is that they have a nice core selection of 2-channel audio gear. I was really excited to see that they have multiple music server/streamers to audition. They have the Bluesound Vault 2 and Node 2. They also have Tidal streaming from Roon which is excellent. They have considerable experience with music streaming. If you have any interest in ripping your CD collection and streaming it, or streaming a music service like Tidal, go out to Audible Elegance for an audition to see what it's all about.