To power condition or not to power condition AVR

Given that an AV receiver has a complicated set of combined tasks, seems that external power conditioner might be valuable given all digital processing, but concerned about limiting current.  Your thoughts and experience in this topic appreciated.  Specific power conditioners you have had good luck using with AVRs?

kn
Ag insider logo xs@2xknownothing
99.9% of AVRs have the very cheapest quality build power supplies made-in-Chin that simply don't compete with any quality build audio amp.  they are built to a very very low price-point and resulting build quality point.  Add to this the crap build quality quotient because it is Chi-fi.......

accordingly,

(1)  high end power cords are not going to provide you with any added video or audio step up in performance..... resist the illusion that high end power cords are any silver bullet. There are a buzzilion PCs up to a $150 pricepoint that handily best the POS quality stock power cords but max out performance wise in video.
(2) contemporaneously, with the absence of a quality build power supply,  the introduction of a power conditioner won't provide you with any further improvement past (1)

what will I'll add the best improvement for AVR and display units:

--run a dedicated power line line from the breaker box to proper hospital grade (or better) wall receptacles and just plug it in directly.
@akg_ca thanks for your reply.  Seems like poor power supply would benefit from power conditioning more than a high quality supply? But, according to the manufacturer "Unlike most AV amps the AVR400 has a huge toroidal transformer that gives it enough current to tame even the most difficult of speaker loads." While there is undoubtedly hype here, the amp measured well in a review test bench, and sounds more accurate to me compared with Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, etc.

Already using an after market cable directly to hospital grade outlet fed by dedicated 10 AWG, 20 amp line.
I should have read your response to my thread about power cords first, I see where you are coming from.
I've heard the PS AUDIO Dectet Power Center is a great bang for the buck but every conditioner I've tried killed the dynamics.
The Arcam looks like a decent unit.
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/arcam-avr400-av-receiver#oT8I4Md9o6eCKlAx.97

Every power conditioner that I've tried restricted the dynamics or soundstage of an amp, (But I have never tried a high-end, high-priced regenerator).

Arcam does not list the specs for current, only nominal power (presumably into 8 ohms)...
  • Output power 130W p/c (2 channels driven)
  • Output power 90W p/c (7 channels driven)
  • I would think that you would want unrestricted power on demand, and that would come from your 20A dedicated line. If you have steady line voltage into your house with no "brown outs" in your area, plugging into the wall receptacle may provide the best performance.
    I would be more concerned with good surge protection from a non-current limiting power strip, i.e., Furman offers a power strip with EMI/RFI noise filtering.