Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you again- robinbarbour-

very well laid out. Whatever JT had in  his mind regarding his design(s), it works!  Happy Listening!
Good to see you- Dave- dlcockrum

you guys really know much about JT older models. I know he his proud that his designs are still being enjoyed by all of us in 2017.  There are not many that can make this kind of claim.  Sometimes, if we are lucky, a product comes along that gives us listening pleasure for decades.

Happy Listening!

Ports, vents, etc.., augmented output will typically lag in both time and phase as well.
Asking a little advice, if anyone has had the experience.
As mentioned earlier, I'm playing 2.4s purchased from Mike (who had the bad shipping experience mentioned earlier with his "new SC6s") and using a Thiel px02 set up by Rob Gilliam to run a Thiel SS1 sub.
I purchased the sub after the 2.4s because I sensed I wasn't getting the full bass on old jazz classics.  The sub is set to auto-run and often doesn't kick in at our usual listening levels.
I'll probably call and ask this of Rob, but does anyone have a sense of what difference going to the SI-1 active crossover (or even maybe a JL CR1 might make in opening up the upper range of the mains by taking the bass load off?
I know they seldom come available and wonder if many were sold. Some lucky guy got one on eBay last fall for $250 because the seller didn't know what he had.

Bob