McIntosh MX119

Does anyone out there have the McIntosh MX119 controller pre amp?
If so, what are your opinions and how is it with 2 channel analog?
What associated equipment are you using it with? i.e.; power amps, speakers, cd player, dvd player etc

Your feedback on this would appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xvx700
From my conversation with McIntosh just now, there IS volume control when inputting via the multi-channel analog inputs, but NO processing. The signal remains analog all the way through (aka: pass-through).

For all other analog inputs, it is the user's option to process the signal, or keep it analog for straight pass-through.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Dave
Dave,

The analog section of the MX119 is basically the same as the C45 ($3600) stereo pre amp.
If you feed an analog stereo or multichannel input it will stay analog in Stereo which is the two fronts + sub, or 2-Channel which is the two fronts no sub, or the External input which is used for SACD or DVD-A outputs of your universal DVD player. The TM-1 tuner pack and internal phono pre amps are also analog of course.

Ron-C
Ron,

I just took from your earlier post that there was no volume control for the multichannel input. That is why I posted it.

Dave
Does the MX 119 convert an analog signal to digital so it can do the volume control? I thought I saw somewhere it had a digital volume control and wonder what that really means.
I have learned that it is a digital control over an analog volume. So for multi-channel and pure stereo direct, the signal is not converted to digital and back again.