New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
I own the GAE along with a Technics SP10 mk3 NG by Artisan Fideluty which has a Kuzma 4 Point installed and a MC Anna. My GAE holds its own with its much older and bigger brother (my mk 3 weighs about 180 lbs) with the beyond excellent stock Cold drawn magnesium alloy arm. This is not the same arm as the original 1200 series. Currently I use a LP Zupreme headshell with my Denon 103R and London Reference.  The headshell really benefitted the 103R.

For my tastes I see no reason whatsoever to mess with the arm and I can go from my mK3/kuzma directly to my GAE and keep the biggest smile on my face.

I humbly suggest that some of you ignore the fact that the arm looks like the old arm and just simply use your own ears. You don't need people to tell you what sounds good. Just listen to it. Just remember that had this arm been designed and built by some of these smaller companies it would also cost several thousands of dollars.

I ave a good deal of experience with the Triplanar arm, I'll stick with the stock arm on the GAE. 

I'm the individual that runs mine with lowered torque. The speed is dead on and I mean dead on. It sounds fantastic with no anomalies.

Try "Turntabulator" on your iPhone (not sure if there is an Android version) as it is the most accurate way to check speed I've found.

The GAE can go head to head with anything I've heard and that with the stock magnesium arm.
Looking over this thread it would appear that you and I are the only owners of GAEs and that we are in complete agreement, especially about the arm.  Taken as a whole, the new SL1200 GAE (and G) is a home run that can stand comparison with any other TT.
@raymonda 

I have no doubt that the new SL1200 is a great deck but I too find it f'ugly. Just not my cup of tea. Well built but f'ugly. I wish it looked more like the prototype's that leaked out rather than an un-creative rehash of an old, tired design. Plus, as mentioned.......there are the tonearm limitation, too. I try to not get too caught up in looks, believing form follows function, but looks do count when they can be controlled. 

I agree with you about design, i think it was decision of the marketing department to reproduce design of the most popular turntable just to sell more, but on the new luxury level of design and sound quality.  

Panasonic made some design choices and used the old platform for a good reason. To sell this product to those fans that have an older 1200, status for DJ and hopes that the audiophile community will get past the design choices and choose it for what it brings.

Believe me 99% of the DJs never spend $2000 for single tunrtable as they need 2 of them for dj set up, so $4000, target price for DJs is $600 per unit or cheaper for used, so GAE is definitely not a DJs choice. 99% of the DJs never spend more than $150 even for a cartridge, normally $50 for Shure m44-7. I don't think that even night clubs will buy GAE since their old 1200mk2 or mk3d is the club standard and works well for 35 years if they change pitch in time. The GAE is for the audiophiles, but with a look of the DJ turntable (thanks to their best selling 1200mk2) which is strange, indeed.     
For the couple here that actually own the table, what controls exist on the arm for the usual setup adjustments?  VTF is the easiest of course with counterweights, but I can't find any notes on VTA and Azimuth adjustments.  I have to believe those can be done, but Technics doesn't get into that at all, let alone how, in their marketing notes.
DJ's with money will buy them. Who do you think bought all those gold plated 1200's, customized, powdered. coated, bling out 1200's. As soon as the big name DJ's have them the masses will follow. $1600 today is close to the actual cost of a 1200 in the early 80's.