Any Vandersteen 7 Owners in SFO Bay Area ?

Hi,

There is no dealer in San Francisco Bay Area who carries Vandersteen 7.  I want to listen to them before i consider and upgrade and wondering if there is anyone in my area who can help me.  I own 5A Carbons and thinking of upgrading. 
veerapaneni
Thanks for thanks for sourcing info - my plan is to make Richard a set and send them to him !!!!! 

Excellent thread. Thanks for keeping it going. I can't wait to get my new Quatro's also. I asked Richard to shoot Audi Havana black as my paint. I was going to get the zebrawood, but in the end decided to have them painted. As for cabling, I love the Castlerock audioquest cables bi wired. For more money you can get better cables however the return on investment for me is not so great as to warrant the extra expense. I'd rather put that money into other parts of my system or for new music.  I've never spent much time auditioning power cables, however I do have one in my system made by the late AJ Conte that I use on my server. It seems to  made a bit of difference there. I'm waiting for Garth Powell the designer  now with audioquest, to release his new series of Niagara cables. I heard the proto types and the price points are going to be ridiculously low for what they do. I feel that they are going to set a new benchmark for power cables. I too like the upperline Nordost cables however I feel audioquest is more neutral.
Congrats on getting the Vandys. Richard does Such a great job with his speakers. He really puts his passion into every speaker and we get to enjoy the fruits of his labor/passion 
I Finally got my Atlas amps back from Aesthetix. They have the Eclipse upgrade . So far I have 45 hours on them and I can say without any hesitation that this is a major, major upgrade from the Atlas Signature. I am truly amazed at the difference. I live about 90 minutes from the Aesthetix factory so I have talked to everyone  there. When they first heard the  upgrade they were totally shocked. Jim told me that they expected better sound, but what they actually heard was far beyond what they expected. They 7s love these mono blocks. The upgrade is expensive, but like the Basis Superarm 9, worth every cent. No question that Richard's amps are fantastic with the 7s. Those amps were out of my price range. Anyone with the Atlas Signature Stereo or mono blocks should  consider this upgrade.

I just thought I would also mention that the Atlas amps have a built in high pass filter. I was able to upgrade the caps to a very high grade and the improvement was significant. Some have mentioned cables. I use Audioquest Everest bi wired speaker cable and Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder interconnects. I cannot use any line conditioner with the Aesthetix amps or pre amp. Jim says the massive power supply
combined with a power device makes the sound worse. I tried one out and he was so right about that. So, I put in a dedicated line from the main box to a sub panel outside the living room (listening room). Each component has its own circuit except the Basis table. Power cables are Kubala S. and Audiuoquest on the 7s because the termination fits. I also added a Lyra Etna cartridge when I bought the Super Arm 9 from Randy.
He did the set up and yes, he is very good at it. He gave me great trade in value for my Vector 4 arm. My system is now complete, I think.