Legacy Aeris and amplification.

What is the best amplifier for the Legacy Aeris?
tmcdade
Hello - the Wavelet is connected but I can't seem to connect to bohmer for the control app. Wondering if you had the same problem and what the solution was?

Please check out the manual and follow the instructions to use a browser to get to the URL that allows you to generate a proper wifi-conf.txt file with your WiFi network parameters on it and then write it from a Windows machine to the USB memory stick they provide.  Make sure the Wavelet is fully powered down, put the USB stick in the back USB port and boot up the Wavelet and allow it a few minutes to read what's on the USB stick, configure itself to be on your network and then shut the Wavelet down complete. After that, put the WiPi wireless network USB-based adapter in the back of the Wavelet, boot it up and allow it a minute or so to connect to your wireless network. After that you'll need the serial number off the back of the Wavelet to create a URL to put in your browser with your S/N at the end of the URL. This URL then connects to the Boehmer control app, supplies your S/N to uniquely identify your unit.

This is all explained in the detail in the AERIS section of the PDF version of the manual available for download from Legacy.  

Let me know if this helps...once I got the Wavelet onto my WiFi network, I had no issue.
@zephyr24069 and @tmcdade which pre-amp where you using with Aeris.

Which McIntosh do either of you recommend?. I am consider class D options like ATI AT543NC, Nord. Class A/B like Coda, ATI, Adcom etc. How do Class D perform w.r.t to Class A/B with Aeris?.

I just don't like McIntosh since they don't double the wattage when using 4 Ohm output compared to 8 Ohm. 

Any suggestion and help is appreciated.

I have owned several great Legacy speakers and am looking forward to new arrivals from Bill and the team soon (Caliber XD "custom" with dual bass drivers on the side and a passive radiator up top!) plus 2 Foundation subwoofers...killer package to be sure!

Here is my 'legacy' of amps with Legacy speakers;

Legacy Focus 20/20:  Edge Amps G8 followed by dual Edge NL 12.1s
Legacy Focus SE:  Edge Amps G8 followed by dual Edge NL 12.1s
Legacy AERIS with Xilica and later Wavelet: Edge NL12.1 stereo, then Maker Audio 14 stereo and finally Esoteric A-02 stereo

My new Caliber XD "custom" inbound: will be my Esoteric A-02

I've know alot of Legacy owners that utilize McIntosh and also heard them with AVM 8.2 Stereo, and Raven Audio master tube amps as well as other tubes.  

I also have a great friend who has utilize Legacy Helix, Aeris and now the Vs with CODA big stereo amps, Lampizator and other amps.  I've heard them with CODA and Legacy Powerbloc amps (check these out, their amazing and great value for the money).

Hope this helps...PM me, we can jump on the phone.