When and how did you, if at all, realize vinyl is better?

Of course I know my own story, so I'm more curious about yours.  You can be as succinct as two bullets or write a tome.  
128x128jbhiller

to Alpha_gt I agree

I started collecting records in the mid 70's when that was all there was. bought some tapes for a while too. when CD's came out i also bought them. I've had both records and digital for years and never sold any of my vinyl so I've always had a record player. I don't get on either side of the fence I like both as I have collected both. resently i've started to stream and i'm loving that too. In a course of a listening night i'll losten to any combination of vinyl-CD-streaming (from Tidal). and i love it all. sure I hear a diference and have invested more money into vinyl playback but i really don't care as I enjoy the music as long as its engaging and gives emotion i'm there. I really don't feel the need to debate which is better enjoy both or one as long as you enjoy. Dont get me wrong i love the audiophile hobby and do love great sound but i don't listen to my gear as much as i listen to the music and how engaged i am (mind you vinyl tends to do that more for me).

I like vinyl better because I can put a record on and listen to half the record.  Then I am forced to stand up and interact with the medium.  I enjoy pulling the record off, flipping it, setting the needle down and starting things up again.

Not for the sound.
I been collecting for 40 years.... really I still have my original Kiss Alive II (totally trashed)
If you grew up on MP3 well then Duh!
As for real audio Vinyl will give you that soft sumptuous sound that only five grand worth of digital decoding can achieve (it goes up exponentially from there)
Long live the poor mans Audiophile.
long live Vinyl

I LOVE BOTH !!

There is both GREAT sounding music and BAD sounding music on both CD and Vinyl.  Don't blame the medium!  Any great sounding mix can be put on CD or Vinyl and sound great...... OR it can be poorly mastered, or over-compressed and sound terrible.   Why do we have to choose??
  When Julius Futterman explained the differance of digital vs anolog in his book back in the early 80s. And the difference has become greater with every turntable and cartridge upgrade.