They Almost Never Quote A Price , Why?

Have you ever noted that most expensive audio gear web sites from manufacturer to retail stores withhold prices for most items.  I find this annoying, I can afford a certain level of expense but not any.  I know you can look for sales of used gear etc. etc. but I really want to see the regular retail price, it gives me something to think about or put money aside for. what are your thoughts abut this.
mechans
I usually get an idea of prices from
reviews, too.

It should be/is a common business practice to communicate the features and benefits of a product or service before discussing cost to avoid being viewed as a commodity and judged solely on price. Easier said than done, though, plenty of challenges.

The old, 'if you have to ask' saying seems like a quote from a Tuborg Gold beer commercial. Like, 'your perception is your reality'. Cute saying until your perception is pitted against gravity or other non-fluffy things.

I know a few guys with money, and they ask price, compare, and are respectful negotiators. They volunteer and give money away to charity- but not by spending carelessly. 

Sorry for the long post, quiet night on the farm.

gary
Just get the model and name of the speakers google it.More likely you will find the regular price....I don't ask the price, true sometimes they think they can't afford it
@ wolf I think it  is just collusion. Maybe, not as much now, that the Pacific rim has muscled into the business?.