Why leave feedback if the Audiogon team is just going to remove it?

I recently bought a power cord from member "troy10".

I left this feedback - which was later removed by Audiogon for what reason I have no idea.

Only leaving NEUTRAL instead of NEGATIVE on the off chance the seller did not actually know this power cord was not authentic. I currently own 3 LessLoss power cords and have two very good audio buddies that own 7 between them. I have also owned 3-4 more in the past as my system(s) underwent change. When this cable arrived, I noticed right away that it was missing the normal "LESSLOSS" decal and the "OYIADE.COM" decal on each end of the cable. When I contacted the seller, he said that just because there are no stickers, that does not mean that it is a fake. I checked my existing cables and called my friends to confirm as well, and all 10 of the power cords had both of these stickers present at each end of the cable. It was only after several messages back and forth between myself and the seller that he finally said "I removed the stickers". THIS IS INCREDIBLY DECEPTIVE... I now have to go through the arduous process of making a claim on PayPay to get my funds back...very disappointed with this transaction.
128x128audiofreak32
As you know, Feedback can really damage the Seller’s reputation with no return.
Now if the Seller honestly didn’t know the cable was fake and later on refunded or made things OK for the buyer, then Feedback should be removed.
Now, if Seller don’t take responsibility and simply ignores the buyer, then yes Feedback should be Negative as this seller should not be part of Audiogon.
Also LessLoss is a European based company and can confirm for you whether the cable is indeed fake. If you need help contacting them, let me know and I will happily help you
Zen
The buyer has not proven the cables are fake. He has only said they came without the decals or stickers. Now, does the absence of the decals make them fakes? The seller said he removed the decals and at the time, didn't think it would become an issue or even think it would matter or he forgot. Maybe he didn't like the looks of the decals. I remove the stickers or decals on all my gear. The buyer only commented on the sound of the cord after he was asked and maybe is convinced it is fake based only on the fact that it has no stickers. It seems to me that this could have been dealt with out of the feedback system by two members of AudiogoN in good standing. I would have offered a refund just because the buyer was not happy with the purchase. 
Exactly... we tried to work this out without needing to involve PayPal, but the seller was not cooperating.  If he would have just offered me a return, less his shipping costs, that would have been acceptable to me.

If it was noted in the original ad that there were no decals or he removed the decals... would you be OK buying the cable?  I would not.
When I remove decals or stickers, I put them on the receipt or ad page if I bought it on line, then into a file. Most people don't think this way tho. I bet he thought nothing of removing the stickers and didn't even dawn on him that it might be important for resale value to some. Did your discussion get heated before the feedback was left? Was there an accusation of "fake goods" from the beginning?  
I was more "concerned" at first, asking where he had purchased the power cord and if he had the original bag or receipt, which he did not.  He made no mention that HE actually removed the decals at all (at first). 

Then I ask him to return the item... that I was not convinced that it was authentic.  Then we went back and forth a few more times through Audiogon messages and he was saying it was real, etc., THEN he finally said that he had removed the stickers...  I found this part to be a real issue - that it was not mentioned when I first brought up the issue after receiving the cable.

I just think that the correct thing to do would have been to offer a return if he had no proof of purchase.

And I still have no real answer (as usual) from the Audiogon staff of WHY the neutral feedback was removed.