The "most foolish" loudspeaker tweak/upgrade ... is

I suggest Von Schweikert Audio's "ULTRA Internal Wire Upgrade" at a 'mere' $39,700..

ptss
So, these cables are worth the $39k price tag...and can out perform cables below this price point...because of the number of twists??
Whoa! Hey, that guy’s voice is enough to creep any newbie half out of his wits. Part Vincent Price, part Bela Lugosi. And what’s up with all these low post trolls all of a sudden? Was there a cattle call?

@geoffkait They forget the password to the account with all their other posts. Besides, somebody has to provide relevant experience...besides "getting your numbers up". Plus its an easy, enjoyable way to pass time. All the subjectivity and blatant disregard for all things non-subjective adds perspective to the hobby. I welcome it!
I spoke to Richard Vandersteen about this very thing....it seems when developming a speaker, they listen to many wire types/brands before selecting the one they want.  Sometimes the less expensive wire wins ....sometimes different wire is selected for tweeter, mids, etc.
Hello again douglas. I completely agree with your point that high quality internal
wiring is important. The point I was trying to make is the "nonsensical pricing"
of "Masterbuilt ULTRA Internal Wiring" touted by Von Schweikert Audio. As well, Von Schweikert"s promotional literature 'implying'  Masterbuilt Audio is a leading cable company;
these are direct quotes from their website :

"MasterBuilt Audio is pleased to announce the introduction of four unique lines of laboratory-grade audio cables, developed by leading engineers in the aerospace industry.

These products were developed over several decades of research in metallurgy, electrical field effects, and the chemistry of dielectric materials."  

This sounds impressive. However: a look into Masterbuilt Audio's website reveals the only contact is   Von Schweikert Audio - and the Masterbuilt Audio's address is -- Von Schweikert Audio's address. Interesting when Masterbuilt claims "  These products were developed over several decades of research in metallurgy, electrical field effects, and the chemistry of dielectric materials." - and Masterbuilt claims it's
                                                 BACKGROUND

The roots of MasterBuilt Audio Cables can be found in the U.S. aerospace program. Engineers developed wiring systems with low-reactance cable for use in the Apollo lunar missions and other mission-critical NASA projects, such as the International Space Station.

Sound fantastic(al). I wonder where they buy their wiring??

You asked my background in aftermarket wiring. I use reference grade MIT Cables products for power cords,interconnects and speaker cables.

As to where I might source internal speaker wire I would begin with a call to George Cardas of Cardas Audio-to check up on the state of the art. His company manufactures and supplies the wire used by many of the world top audio interconnect and speaker wire manufacturers.