Current NAD integrated amps, what are your impressions?

I just picked up a C326BEE and wanted to hear if my results are common, or what the general consensus is for NAD. I did some searching on this forum, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of love or threads directed at NAD.

I actually acquired a C372 about 3 years ago, but sold it within a year as it seemed pretty bland and laid back. I’ve heard that this vintage wasn’t as reliable and my remote control did die. When I shipped it to the buyer it showed up DOA in one channel! I helped him with the repairs but it left me with reservations regarding NAD. From what I can gather, the current models are much more reliable.

So Spearit sound is clearing out refurbished NAD components, and I couldn’t resist the price(no affiliation). Bottom line, the 326 sounds way better than I expected. I’d been using a Denon AVR3801 in 2 channel with a second system, and the imaging, clarity and punch is easily better with the 326. I’m driving Tannoy DC4 bookshelf speakers and what a soundstage!. Diana Krall tracks are recorded with the piano mic’d so the lower register starts in the left speaker and the highest notes in the right. I’d not heard that with the Denon, but the 326 sets it out so clearly.

So what has your experience been with NAD?
213runnin
Interesting.  So I'm getting a C375BEE now( I just had to collect the whole set!) and it's got 2 pairs of outputs, one with a gain knob.  I know it's not quite the same thing as what you've done, Mesch, but using those gained outputs would give much the same effect.  I'll have to experiment for sure.  
I am thinking of going up the NAD line, though I will likely look for a used unit. I tried the soft clipping function on the 326 however think it reduces dynamics. How much better does the 356 drive speakers over the 326? I am thinking I could use a little more juice.
The first thing that struck me about the 356 was the superior bass control.  At higher volumes the sound remains clear when the 326 starts to get congested.  I haven't had the 326 for about 2 months now so I can't add too much to what I said, but the bass accuracy was better.  

That said, 50 watts to 80 watts isn't a huge amount of change.  There are integrated amps by Arcam, Nait or Rega where a 70 or 80 watt amp may have more control at higher volumes.  My Parasound A21 P7 combo is clearly superior to the Nad 356, so I guess I'm saying, don't expect jaw dropping improvements.  If you can get the 356 at less than retail, or used, it would be a better option.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand the power issue. In my primary system I use a BEL 1001 MK5 which is also rated at 50wpc however pushes 200wpc into a 2 ohm load. It offers far more control over any speaker than the 326. Regarding the two NADs I am thinking the 356 would better drive a 6-8 ohm speaker of medium sensitivity knowing most of them drop to 4 ohms somewhere below 2K Hz. As do the current speakers I am using (B&W 685s). Thinking more toward control, the 326 provides the desired loudness however the 356 would offer greater control at higher volume, as your statements indicate. As I like to play around with different speakers, the extra control will open up more possibilities.

There is a NAD356 and a Arcam A19 up for sale on AG now... I will keep everyone posted.

I recently took ownership of a C375BEE to feed this weird Nad addiction I’ve developed. I can’t compare it to the 326, but in comparison to the 356 there is more refinement, air and another improvement in bass. It’s effortless. I don’t have any speakers with a tougher load, so I’m not pushing the amp by any means.

That said, it sounds nicer than I expected, with more air while not getting harsh or strained. A quibble would be remote volume control. All of these Nad integrated amps have motorized volume pots that increase a fair amount each time you press the volume button on the remote. A finer adjustment ability would be better, but budget decisions had to be made to bring each model to market at the price point. I’d say Nad has put the most money into sound quality and that’s the right decision for me anyway.

I'm currently waiting on a power cord for the amp, a PS Audio AC5.  I've started upgrading the pre-amp jumpers on these Nad amps along with having better quality interconnects, and I've found that they do respond to better cables.  I'm curious as to what improvements I might get with the C375BEE.