The best coupling caps in power amp ?? Mundorf, Infinicap ??

I am interested in some of the results of coupling cap modifications in quality tube amplifiers that you have first hand experience  with......Mundorf, Infini-Caps, Wonder-Caps ???       autospec
autospec
Haven't yet tried the Duelund or Jupiter copper foils, but oh I so want to.

I would try Clarity CMR for the most neutral and high value.

I have issues with the fanciest Mundorf Supreme's. THey tend to scintillate, or hype up the mid to treble. It's not unpleasant, but to my ears far from neutral.

Mundorf MKP's are real steals and great for low level detail when you also need a noticeably dark cap.

Of course, check the physical sizes before you buy anything! :)

Best,

E
Do your homework, as you’ll find that one or two expensive "boutique" caps mentioned are very likely just re-branded Solens (which are far cheaper) compare diameter/length/lead length for the same uF and voltage and you will see why.

Cheers George
Do your homework, as you’ll find that one or two expensive "boutique" caps mentioned are very likely just re-branded Solens (which are far cheaper) compare diameter/length/lead length for the same uF and voltage and you will see why.

Cheers George
If you know which boutique company just re brands Solen caps, why not name them?
Autospec,

I suspect you have been out of touch with the boutique cap market for a few years.  InfiniCaps (and WonderCaps before them) are quite dated and no longer in the running for a high quality coupling cap, IMO.  The regular Mundorf Supreme is a fairly inexpensive cap that I like a lot but some people will find it too colored.  It is a very warm and slightly opaque sound but very musical and very dynamic.  The more expensive Mundorfs like the Silver, Silver/Oil and Silver/Gold/Oil all offer a more extended high-frequency response with more detail and more transparency, but the tonal balance is not as natural to my ears as the standard Supreme.

If your budget has a bit more room, my very favorite coupling cap is the Copper V-Cap (CuTF).  It has the best combination of sound qualities of any coupling cap I have tried, and it excels in the areas that are most important to me: neutral tonal balance, excellent detail and excellent dynamics.  Out of the 20+ coupling caps I have tried over the years, this is my favorite.  Some folks prefer the Duelund CAST to the V-Caps, but I consistently prefer the V-Caps (either TFTF or CuTF versions). 

I have not tried the Jupiter copper foils (contrary to Charles' post above) but they also have their fans.   
I would agree with all that has been said regarding great choices. I like the Jupiter copper foil in wax caps quite a lot. Jupiter and Duelund make their own caps in house and both sound just fanastic.