April 2017 review of the Paradigm Persona 9H A home run for Paradigm!

I have been following all the contested threads about the new Paradigm Persona line of speakers and it seems that many people are having difficulties in believing that Paradigm, a company well respected for value loudspeakers could produce a product that can rival the best exotic loudspeakers on the market.

The review came out today in the Absolute Sound April 2017 issue and what my ears have told me is true, is true. 
John Atkinson, compared the Pardigm 9H $35k to the Magico S7MK 2 $58k and found that Personas to be in the same class as these highly thought of prestigious loudspeakers. I think I read on one  of the threads that a Magico owner was saying that wasn't possible!

I am not an expert, on loudspeakers, I do know what sounds real to me, and when I heard these speakers my jaw hit the floor. Stunning realism. I could almost reach out and touch the Beatles, and Miles Davis. Huge sound stage, totally transparent, and smooth, with dynamite bass. 

At this point I am torn between the Legacy Audio Signatures and The Paradigm Persona 3F which shares the same driver technology of the 9H but costs $10k, I am lucky to be working with a dealer that represents both of these awesome lines of loudspeakers. 

It seems to me that many audiophiles need to open their minds and stop being so brand loyal to the point of obsession,  and start looking at the sound, and only the sound. I know for me as a professional photographer, I have gone back and forth between Canon and Nikons, and I love them both but am wedded to neither. Why in the audio world do people have such furvor over what they buy with the belief that their product and only their product is the best? In the camera world it seems much more fluid with people changing camera brands without ever starting a written riot if someone dares to bring up another brand or question their choice. 

128x128kuppe38
gpgr4blu, could you provide a link to the thread?  As a potential buyer of speakers, my opinion is you get a lot of value for money on the Legacy Signature SEs...they are very well made, 5 driver speakers...the sound is top notch, incredibly smooth and big and resolving.  You get AMT tweeter and a mid-range, it's pretty high tech. Essentially as I compare, say the new Dynaudio Contour C20s at $5000 + $500 (for stands) or the C30s at $7500 against something like that, it screams value for money.  As for the Personas, I thought they sounded incredible, but they are pricey...I mean audiophiles spend money, but 10K is still a lot of money.

mofojo, they are small but they play pretty loud. Even the 9Hs aren't that large actually...they are very sleek and sexy.

((((I also get the feeling that Dave is after what is best for his customer, I went to visit a very famous dealer mentioned countless times in these posts, and I got the feeling,  if it ain't Vandersteen I  must not be hearing correctly.))))

Who ya kidding?
B S Alert
 it wont take a genies to read below to see you are on his payroll..
 If you were a genuine customer I would of made you as happy as a pig.
        Cheers JohnnyR

Mar 09, 2017
April 2017 review of the Paradigm Persona 9H A home run for Paradigm!
Oops I stand editorially corrected.I found it very unusal to come right out and say that the Personas are as good as the Magicos he owns, many reviewers wouldn't come out and say that for fear of alienating another advertiser.   Mar 09, 2017April 2017 review of the Paradigm Persona 9H A home run for Paradigm!
Nitewulf,Audio Doctor in Jersey City? I was blown away by Dave's knowledge and selection. He opened up a lot of ideas I was never thinking about such as streaming, I have always been a vinyl guy, his demo with T+A digital has me thinking. Over the... Mar 08, 2017April 2017 review of the Paradigm Persona 9H A home run for Paradigm!
I just got off that thread it is funny that the Legacy's were also discussed.The Legacy is a bargain for the price and the sheer amount of great things that the speakers do. The Legacy is voiced on the warm smooth side, big sound stage, fantastic ... Mar 08, 2017Paradigm Speakers
Congratulations Tpinto, those are amazing speakers.I heard Magicos, Wilson, and YG and I thought the Personas were a lot better. What color did you get?  Mar 08, 2017Conrad-Johnson MF-2550SE owners - What speakers are you using with it?
When I heard the speakers at the Audio Doctor store, I don't have them yet,  they had fantastic bass and I would wonder why anyone would ever need more and I know they were not using a sub, they do have subs in the room I actually asked the same q... Mar 04, 2017Paradigm Speakers
Hey Rhodes where did you hear them at and what were they using?I heard Audio Doctor's 9Hs and they were absolutely amazing, I think the results on this speaker are going to be directly proportional to the degree of setup and the quality of the com... Mar 02, 2017Looking to build a system for under $5k
Hey Bondmanp, why no mention of the Audio Doctor in Jersey City or Audio Nexus in Summit or CSA Audio in Monclair?Many years ago I visited CSA Audio and they were a nice dealer heard some Wilsons and Totems.Was in Summit for a photo shoot and popp... Mar 01, 2017Conrad-Johnson MF-2550SE owners - What speakers are you using with it?
I heard the Legacy  Focus Signature  at  the Audio Doctor's showroom in Jersey City recently. Dave the store owner played the Legacy's for me, and I  have a pair of the original classic Virgos which I love and my visit to the store was more or les... Feb 25, 2017Wilson Sasha 2 or Alexia for small room 10' x 17'?
Hey Cupracer doesn't Innovative also sell Wilsons in your area? Why no mention of them?   Feb 24, 2017Wilson Sasha 2 or Alexia for small room 10' x 17'?
Hello Musifx, what a nice system.  How do you like the T+A gear?I never heard of T+A  before, I was introduced to their products when I visited the Audio Doctor showrooms in Jersey City. Dave the store owner gave me a tour of the place, and of cou... Feb 21, 2017Power cord for Electrocompaniet aw250r
What cables are you using now? Are you using any high end power cables what about power conditioning?Do you have a budget in mind? Feb 17, 2017Wilson Sasha 2 or Alexia for small room 10' x 17'?
Boy do you Gpgr4blu  believe the sales pitch from Wilson. Wilson uses inexpensive drivers. Do you actually believe that because Wilson says that they have tested  exotic  drivers and prefer their much less expensive drivers that that is a fact, or... Feb 13, 2017Legacy Audio Classic HD Speakers with or without Sub
After my demo at the Audio Doctor's I looked at the less expensive Classics you are looking at which I can afford sooner, or saving up for the Focus Signatures, I came with the same conclusion as listed above.If you can swing it the Focus Signatur... Feb 12, 2017Legacy Audio Classic HD Speakers with or without Sub
I heard a few weeks ago a pair of Legacy speakers at the Audio Doctor showroom in Jersey City, they sounded amazing I would give their store a call, the owner, Dave really knows his stuff every system I head at his place sounded amazing!  I got a ... Feb 12, 2017Classe SSP-800 - Time to move on?
I was just over to the Audio Doctor's showroom in Jersey City, a few weeks ago, they have the Anthem AVM 60, and the Audio Control Maestro, I think I saw an Arcam there as well. I watched a movie in their reference theater and it was totally  amaz... 

nitewulf 
Sorry, I don't know how provide a link but JohnnyR in the post above links to some comments in the thread to which I'm referring which is titled "Wilson Sasha 2 or Alexia for small room 10' x 17?'". Click on JohnnyR's comment and open up the whole thread from there. You will see that Audiotroy , with a small assist from Kuppe 38, attempted to hijack that thread to promote Personas and AudioDoctor.  Audiotroy had also done that on another thread to which I was a party.  I am not here to destroy, hijack or turn this thread into anything other than a celebration and discussion of Personas which are excellent speakers and a great deal for the $ (at least re the unpowered version which is the one I heard) BUT you requested the info, so I responded.
 I am also a fan of Legacy brand which sound quite different from the Personas. You cannot go wrong with either of those choices re SQ and customer support.
Post removed 
Lets look at the same posting, I wonder if Cstooner is on your payroll? Or Gbu or one of the zillion other apparent Vandy Fanboys who all sing your praises?

Your store has a reputation, I also talked with Finxibn, who has been over to your store and was pitched the same combination, he instead bought WIilson 8, with Pass Labs and an Arc, which can be considered good or bad depending on your perspective, you love Vandersteen and it certainly seems that your cadre of guys supports your assertion. I do I find them pleasant speakers with a rolled off top end. The Legacys are warm, with much greater bass response for half the price, and they are voiced like a Vandersteen which is to say very musical.

I heard many times Vandys at Sound by Singer in NYC when I was buying my Audio Physics, good speakers they are the holly grail they are not just one flavor, by the way is Gpgr4blu on your payroll as well?

Lets see everywhere in the world Ctstooner, he is posting in support of Ayre, and Vandersteen in your payroll? Do I have to list his 1200 posts to support my claim?

As per making me happy as a pig, I will stand by what I have heard I like vintage amplifiers and I am a big fan of the Legacy’s they sound amazing, and I would put it to you anyway you like they do compare with many way more expensive speakers out there and it is not just me that is saying it.

Hey I like the Audio Doctor, I like their approach and I haven’t yet purchased anything from them. After talking with Dave and Troy, they do not have a system, they sell many different brands and let the customer decide on what is best for them. I never heard either of these gentleman saying one brand is better than another, or anything like that it was all about choices and each product serves a different niche.

I heard PSB, Dali, Legacy and Paradigm so did Nitewulf, it seems that Audio Doc is brand agnostic.