April 2017 review of the Paradigm Persona 9H A home run for Paradigm!

I have been following all the contested threads about the new Paradigm Persona line of speakers and it seems that many people are having difficulties in believing that Paradigm, a company well respected for value loudspeakers could produce a product that can rival the best exotic loudspeakers on the market.

The review came out today in the Absolute Sound April 2017 issue and what my ears have told me is true, is true. 
John Atkinson, compared the Pardigm 9H $35k to the Magico S7MK 2 $58k and found that Personas to be in the same class as these highly thought of prestigious loudspeakers. I think I read on one  of the threads that a Magico owner was saying that wasn't possible!

I am not an expert, on loudspeakers, I do know what sounds real to me, and when I heard these speakers my jaw hit the floor. Stunning realism. I could almost reach out and touch the Beatles, and Miles Davis. Huge sound stage, totally transparent, and smooth, with dynamite bass. 

At this point I am torn between the Legacy Audio Signatures and The Paradigm Persona 3F which shares the same driver technology of the 9H but costs $10k, I am lucky to be working with a dealer that represents both of these awesome lines of loudspeakers. 

It seems to me that many audiophiles need to open their minds and stop being so brand loyal to the point of obsession,  and start looking at the sound, and only the sound. I know for me as a professional photographer, I have gone back and forth between Canon and Nikons, and I love them both but am wedded to neither. Why in the audio world do people have such furvor over what they buy with the belief that their product and only their product is the best? In the camera world it seems much more fluid with people changing camera brands without ever starting a written riot if someone dares to bring up another brand or question their choice. 

128x128kuppe38
Post removed 
Lets look at the same posting, I wonder if Cstooner is on your payroll? Or Gbu or one of the zillion other apparent Vandy Fanboys who all sing your praises?

Your store has a reputation, I also talked with Finxibn, who has been over to your store and was pitched the same combination, he instead bought WIilson 8, with Pass Labs and an Arc, which can be considered good or bad depending on your perspective, you love Vandersteen and it certainly seems that your cadre of guys supports your assertion. I do I find them pleasant speakers with a rolled off top end. The Legacys are warm, with much greater bass response for half the price, and they are voiced like a Vandersteen which is to say very musical.

I heard many times Vandys at Sound by Singer in NYC when I was buying my Audio Physics, good speakers they are the holly grail they are not just one flavor, by the way is Gpgr4blu on your payroll as well?

Lets see everywhere in the world Ctstooner, he is posting in support of Ayre, and Vandersteen in your payroll? Do I have to list his 1200 posts to support my claim?

As per making me happy as a pig, I will stand by what I have heard I like vintage amplifiers and I am a big fan of the Legacy’s they sound amazing, and I would put it to you anyway you like they do compare with many way more expensive speakers out there and it is not just me that is saying it.

Hey I like the Audio Doctor, I like their approach and I haven’t yet purchased anything from them. After talking with Dave and Troy, they do not have a system, they sell many different brands and let the customer decide on what is best for them. I never heard either of these gentleman saying one brand is better than another, or anything like that it was all about choices and each product serves a different niche.

I heard PSB, Dali, Legacy and Paradigm so did Nitewulf, it seems that Audio Doc is brand agnostic.
Kuppe38:
If you could not figure it out from your misspent time on the above referenced Wilson thread, I am not a Vandy fan and I do not have any relationship with Audioconnection.
Gee Gpgr4blu you don't have any relationship with Audio Connection?

Your post history says a rather different thing, it says flat out that you are buddy buddy with Audio Connection,  and perhaps it explains your down right hostility to anyone who is extolling Audio Doctor their friends, customers, and products.

The Wilson post was one line about a pair of speakers that offered room correction and cost $20k less than the Alexias, with a suggestion to check them out, and all of a sudden Gpgr4blu starts attacking?

Your honesty is more than suspect, you claim " I do not have any relationship with Audio Connection March 11, 2017

Yet on Nov 30 2015

Going to NYC from the outback of Oregon.
Agree with Audio Connection as one of the finest shops in the NY metro area. John and Nick are fabulous and I've purchased more stuff from AC than any other dealership. But everything depends on what the customer is looking for. When in NYC, one s... 

I find that very interesting, first you say you don't have a relationship with that store, and 2 years ago you do and you state  "purchased more stuff from AC than any other dealership." So which is it?

Unlike you I make no pretense that I found a superb shop and a friend at Audio Doctor, and  for a number of reasons I don't hide it, Dave has a wonderful shop and to go there is a remarkable experience:

Dave is supper nice, I came in and was offered coffee and tea the first time I came to the shop in the morning, and listening with with another gentleman one night I was offered some nice sipping Tequila, we just hung out and listened, talked and sipped Tequilla for almost two hours just the three of us, spinning tunes and talking about audio and music. 

To be able to hang out in a really nice store, late at night, in a private home, with four sound rooms and then  watching a movie in their $100k home theater room is totally fun, I was never pressured to purchase anything, and Dave is more like an advisor then salesman, so yes I am going to promote Audio Doctor as a unique experience, I never got that feeling from Singer, or Lyric or Stereo Exchange  or any of the other NJ shops. Audio Doctor is a gem and they should be promoted and lastly to be able to listen to many different brands of speakers and never once being told that one product is better than another is a refreshing experience. 

Kuppe38:
You are wasting my time again. You accuse me of having a relationship with AudioConnection based on one quote of mine from 2015 which you take and twist out of context.
Let's look at facts. Your first posting to Audiogon was 5 1/2 weeks ago.
I have posted since 2004.
You have 22 posts or responses in that short time span, 20 of which refer to AudioDoctor and usually how great it is as a dealer. There is no question that you are enthralled with this dealer which I have mentioned in the Wilson thread that Audiotroy invaded to sell his wares and in which you  so boldly came to his defense.  
Now you have apparently gone through my 495 posts or responses to see if you can find anything to indicate that I am enthralled with, or as you say,  have a "relationship" with a dealer. You then find one quote of mine in 2015 which you use to prove it.
 In fact, anyone can click on that thread from your post to see that the thread started with a post by a guy from Oregon who was going to be in NYC for Christmas and was asking what audio stores he should seek out. One poster said that he should rent a car a drive to NJ to see Audioconnection which he referred to as "the best" around. The next poster chimed in agreeing that the poster should visit Audioconnection and Audiodoctor. I was the next poster who confirmed that Audioconnection was one of the finest shops in the metro area and that I had purchased more gear there than at any other dealer (that is because they carry Audio Research of which I am a fan and I have purchased and upgraded numerous ARC pieces there).
In my next sentence--which you conveniently leave out--I tell the OP that which dealer he seeks out in the NYC area will depend on what he's looking for. I then tell him to check out Stereo Exchange, Ears Nova, Lyric Hifi, Sound By Singer, Innovative Audio, In Living Stereo, Audioarts, High Water Sound and others. Sound like a relationship between me and Audioconnection? (By the way, I have purchased gear from each of those dealers and know their proprietors as well).
By the way, for the record, I think the T&A gear is great as are the Paradigms and Legacy speakers. My beef has been with the way Audiodoctor misuses Audiogon forum threads about other products to sell its wares and promote its expertise over other individuals and other dealers. I, and everyone in my NYC listening group of 5, do not patronize Audiodoctor for what we have experienced as hard sell tactics. You, on the other hand may be having a wonderful experience there and you would be entitled to that.