Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
  hello,  since there is a good jazz discussion going on in this thread,  I heard a recording the other day by Red Norvo and Mildred Bailey,(jump jump step I think it was).  Can anyone recommend a got cd to get featuring these artist.  
^^^kedoades ...

These Fantasy reissues are usually pretty good with good sound.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/With-Jimmy-Raney-Red-Mitchel-Red-Trio-Norvo-CD-Used-Very-Good-/182056675905?...

Also, the Savoy reissues can sound fantastic. However, they are hit and miss. Some sound very dated. 

If you like vibes, I recommend this one. IMO the best vibraphonist who ever set foot on the planet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTIMACY-OF-THE-BLUES-CAL-TJADER-NEW-CD-/281977844767?hash=item41a730741f:g:...

Frank
fleschler67 postsHas anyone on this forum broke open an SR black fuse and analyzed what it is made of and constructed?
Would be very interesting for one of the blown ones to be sent to almarg for a analysis of what’s inside, but then again SR may have insisted it be sent back to them for the refund or replacement of a bigger amperage one

Cheers George

wolf_garcia
I don’t think geoffkait’s snarky and self important comments advance the charlatan’s position much at all, especially when he continues to list a pile of mostly useless pseudo tweaks as proof of the power of the unexplainable. Also, I’ve met Dennis Had who is a former and current world class designer, and a brilliant no nonsense guy who is fun to talk to and seems to know more than the average forum knucklehead could ever understand about circuits and sound. A gracious and fun dude. Also, to take an unrelated opportunity for name dropping, Judy Belushi is a friend of mine.

A gracious and and fun dude? Hmmmm....There's gotta be a logical fallacy in there somewhere. How about the Appeal to the fun dude argument? Works for me. 

Yes we must keep the gullible in the dark. Reminds me of a preamp where the warranty is void if you just open it up. 
 Wolf, you have my compliments for trying to bring the message to the masses!