Beware of PayPal fees

I live in Israel. I have recently purchased an audio item from Europe. I agreed with the seller that I would pay his PayPal fees. When I checked initially about the fees I read something like 3.4%. To my astonishment they charged him (me) 5.2% with all sorts of extra fees. Beware!      
taviran
If you *really* trust the other party use Bitcoin for international if they'll accept it (where you actually know the seller or have done a lot of business with them before).  Be careful though you can't reverse the transaction if there's a problem.  Fees are almost nil.  Just an option for certain scenarios.
About 3 years ago I made my first purchase thru Audiogon and paid by personal check.  Make a long story short the deal went south and the seller (expelled by AG) kept my $420 and the merchandise.  If I'd used PayPal etc.  I would have got my money back.
This is a bit off the beaten path but I am planing to upgrade and this means selling a piece of gear .I have not made a transaction on agon for a few years with paypal.My question is does paypal send out 1099's for money earned from equipment sales.Thanks!
PayPal held  my 3000 euros because of arrogant buyer´s dispute on eBay.
My business AND my money without warning just froze for an unknown period of time. I had to fight 5 weeks for my money. Finally they admitted it was not my fault at all.

PayPal is the biggest scam artist there. We are all a happy family there until THEY screw you.

eBay and PayPal will never ever again play games with me.
I hated paypal so much that all 4 of my business online stopped accepting payments through this scamming company.  For Small transactions outside of ebay its fine to use. I stopped shopping on Ebay strictly due to Paypal and how they govern whos right and wrong.