Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Way to go! William,

very good of you to give a shout out to (The) Saturday Audio Exchange.
This place has a niche' for obtaining and acquiring Thiel speakers as I see their ads on a frequent basis.

Happy Listening!
oblgny 
We will wait in anticipation for your first impressions! I myself have not had the opportunity to hear he 3.6 and was always wondering of comparison to other Thiels since rated so highly by Stereophile mag. All different drivers and no eq, so not same as you have been listening to.
Maybe best of all - No break in period! Immediate enjoyment after positioning... : )
More kudos to the guys at Saturday Audio - the speakers were over-the-top well packed, almost to the point of overkill. 

Save for some very minor slackening of the grill cloth and some signs of being moved on the bases they are in perfect condition.  Not even a hair line scratch on the cabinets.  Can't find a flaw.  Amazing good condition. 

First impression?  Believe it or not I find them to be slightly more emphatic with the low mids and bass,  the highs are excellent. 

Heck, they're Thiels. 

My reference tunes were all there - I even listened at a slightly higher volume than I normally do and I felt the air move with the bass like I hadn't with the 3.5's. I also find the bass a little "tighter" than the 3.5's, but "real" and uncoloured,  as were the 3.5's. 

I have no doubts that the Neo will be capable of driving them without stressing since my listening level is very conservative. All in all thus far I would offer that these certainly have a more sonic presence than the 3.5's, the sound seems to find a space about 2-3 feet in front of them. 

$1099 plus shipping of $350 - maybe my best purchase yet new or used. 

More to follow with extended play over the forthcoming holiday weekend!

oblgny,

Your first impressions of the 3.6s sound just like my first and last impression. I'm a bass player (1977 Fender Jazz Bass) and I have never heard a speaker or speaker/sub combo that gave me such a "real" and uncolored bass sound while maintaining the precise mids and highs.

You say the sound is in front of the speakers. I have my 3.6s about 3 feet from the back wall faced straight forward without toe-in and I hear the sound either at or behind the speakers.

Great deal for that price. I got mine for $1200, but was lucky to have an Audiogon seller only 90 miles away so no shipping. It still amazes me that I spent less on my speakers than any other component in my setup.

I look forward to more impressions over the next days!