Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jonandfamily...

$1200 seems to be the price around where the 3.6's hover - and usually in lesser condition than the ones I just got.  That figure was pretty much my budget, or at least what I was willing to spend. When these came up I simply said "what the hell, stop waiting around  for the perfect storm" and pay the $&?!:@ shipping!

It's comforting to know that my ears are somewhat in tune with a musician's, especially when my ability to play an instrument has been at best a futile pursuit. I could lose my left arm and not miss it. 

That being said, I have fancied myself something of an artist for all of my life, yet another pursuit that has found me earning a living doing something else. When my girlfriend hears music she dances, when I hear music I think. She starts singing along, I listen to the interaction between players, wondering where the tune is heading, often amazed at the difference between where I'd be going and where they went. Good stuff. 

My first pair of Thiels were the 2.2's, and I was spoiled henceforth since then. I started buying here in 2013 and, goodness gracious, haven't been a sane person since. I discovered Thiel here, Pass Labs..the list is still growing.  With each addition and the subsequent subtractions I've appreciated more and more the difficulty in manufacturing a vision. I don't know a mosfet from a misfit, but I know what I like. 

I've gotta shut this off now - early morning busy day tomorrow...

If you email Thiel through their website with your serial numbers, they will tell you the day they were produced. My 3.6s were completed on 5/22/1996. It's a testament to their quality that they are in such good physical and mechanical condition after 21 years.
Thanks! for sharing- jonandfamily

20 years is a long time for a pair of speakers. I certainly would like to hear your system anytime.

Happy Listening!