Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I'll be discerning the date of manufacture the next time I look to swap cables or something, to move these 107 pound Easter Island totems right now is just too much to ask of my back at the moment!

By far and away the midrange on these vs the 3.5's is significantly different,  the treble is perhaps slightly less "etched" as well; mind you that neither opinion is anywhere close to being a negative.  Voices in particular are almost startlingly lifelike - just listened to some Simon and Garfunkel as though hearing some things all anew. Methinks the slightly larger cabinetry - 7 inches taller, 4 inches deeper at the base, might have something to do with the midrange emphasis over the 3.5's. Obviously, the drivers and crossover difference does as well. 

As did the 3.5's, the 3.6's absolutely excel with jazz.  I like trio and quartets for the most part. I've been digging deep into Monk as well.  

I'm thinking monoblocks already...

Kidding!  Enjoy the weekend!

Enjoy enjoy your new speaks!  My fav thiel, I also have CS6 and prefer the 3.6 for all the reasons you mention.   

Cabinet, Drivers, Crossover and NO EQUALIZER. Speaker position will reward you.
Monoblocks will do more than you hoped for.
Nokonor...  

Yeah. Even though the eq was relatively unobtrusive physically, just having one more cord to plug in kinda bugged me - but the sound was impressive nonetheless.  If I had the space to store them I would, you know, "just in case..."

Plus the 3.6's give me more latitude in finding a suitable integrated without the eq which often can't work with one - I like the setup