Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Man, I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself here...

First a musician relates that my description of Thiel's bass reproduction was an accurate description of it, then another post says I nailed it when I stated I find Thiels to be Maggies with bass...THEN he goes onto relate that Jim Thiel also appreciated what panels do so well. 

I think Jim Thiel nailed it, as well. The two brands of speakers that have literally stopped me in my tracks have been Thiels and Maggies.  
Only.  I started with CS2.2 with Thiel, and the MMG series from Magnepan - in either instance once I hit the play button I had to spin around. I could barely believe how good they sounded. 

Obviously I opt for Thiel for many reasons. First, the bass, the clarity, the mids and highs that panels excel with and that Thiels leave nothing to be desired. 

I only wish that the "new" Thiel company could find this thread and find something in it to make them see that abandoning Jim Thiel's vision
is a woeful mistake. 

Great thread, great posts folks!

Fellow Thiel lovers like you, William, makes it possible to have a flourishing thread here. All of you guys are doing an awesome job sharing ideas, experiences and listening expertise.

Keep up the outstanding work!
Happy Listening!
I'm enjoying the thread this evening; It looks as though a lot more 3.6's were sold than CS6, as I don't see many in this forum who have the 6's. At present I'm listening to Cannonball Adderly through my CS6's powered by Krell fpb 250 monoblocks. The bass /vocal blend in "Cannon Reloaded" is jazz club real. I've had all the bigger Thiels except the 7.2's and 3.6.: and I am fine with that. My CS6's will pass with my estate. In fact, I may just bury them with me. When the wife is away, how loud and late will I play!