Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
nkonor,

Sorry I haven't followed your posts in this thread, but do I understand correctly from your last post:  You've moved from Thiels to the Avalon speakers?  Is that right?

If so, how do they compare?

Thanks.
IMHO, Avalons do everything the Thiels did and better. Image, Soundstage, Bass, Smooth,Coherent. I drove them with Spectral electronics, but Pass is the match for me. IMHO some tubes are a must with either Thiels or Avalons and vinyl; But both benefit from SS power.
nkonor...

Did you get the Avalons on the used market or new?   I've seen a few for sale here once in a while - they're beautiful constructs indeed. 

While I'm still content with my Neo 340i integrated,  I will second my appreciation for Pass Labs - I had an X150.5 and it brought out the best in my 3.5's. (Damn! I shoulda waited until I got my 3.6's before I let that go.)

But that partially funded my 3.6's so I can't really kvetch much. 
oblgny,

Bought the Avalons new. Mine our carbon woofers. The ceramics are bass shy. The ceramics are what I have seen for sale occasionally. Spectral owner for 20yrs. Pass does it for me now.

Best to you on this Journey 
nkonor