Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Nice points/counterpoints- Guys.

On occasion, like nkonor moving to Avalon, I have read about previous Thiel owners moving to an Eggelston, Magico or Verity Audio speaker.
It does not happen often (leaving Thiel) and making a lateral move.

Marten speakers also come into my mind as well. 

Does anyone know how a Thiel would fare w/ Spectral, Souloution, or Vitus Audio gear?

Happy Listening!
Guys,

Looked and found Avalon receipt. Delievered November 2005. 12yrs, Must be time for new Speakers. I have been thinking, Rockports for last year or so. No problems with Avalon drivers; Well broke-in.
Prof,

Musicians listen at live levels all the time. Me? Just some of the time.

nkonor
Moving away from the Thiel platform is a difficult task in that doing so laterally or moving up the proverbial food-chain obviously comes at a cost.  No one here has yet commented on the new Thiel product line which, as it so happens to be, has as much to do with Jim Thiel as I do. 

The return-on-investment Thiel extends is considerable in terms of sonics - personally speaking Thiel has become my reference point for what a loudspeaker can do.  I am, as always and as an Audiogonian, curious about how other manufacturers compare. And I will no doubt purchase some others when opportunity arises. I've enjoyed Von Schweikert, Totem, Magnepan, Alon, KEF, DYNAUDIO. In this somewhat limited field the only manufacturer that comes close - to my ears - is Magnepan. It was interesting to learn of Jim Thiel's appreciation for planar speakers in an earlier post here. 

For many including myself, this almost insane pursuit of fidelity is fantastically enjoyable. I believe that I was looking to buy a vintage Pioneer receiver a few years back when I stumbled onto this site and saw what my absence from actively pursuing hifi had become. To paraphrase my girl-friend's universal comment when she comes to my house, "is THAT new?"  Almost as universally my reply is, "yes."

One of the questions I repeatedly ask of winemakers is whom they respect as winemakers. The answers are illuminating. I have as a result moved afar from my previous comfort zone with winemakers I once considered to be my benchmarks, my reference points. They remain in my vino-wheelhouse as Thiel remains in my audio-wheelhouse, always there, always referred to, always curious about others because of them. 

Wow. I've gone off point again...