Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Anyone heard of this;

A pair of Thiel speakers with model printed as 03A on connector board, but a sticker was placed over it that said 04. The sticker also had the serial number.

Only reason I know 03a was underneath is because one sticker fell off .

They look like this .

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649006134-thiel_model_04/

Note the gold trim bar that runs across the face at the bottom of the baffle board.

When I got them, the passive radiator surround was crumbled. That's when I discovered it was a passive . Replaced the surround.

So these pair have two active elements and a passive.

Is the passive element correct for these.

When replacing the surrounds there was no wiring connection on the passive or wires loose in the cavity.

btw found at a garage sale. A full garage. Tube gear, records, buddy was thinning the herd.

Sitting here today beginning the break in period of my new Ayre VX-5 Twenty into my Thiel CS2.4  Delivered from factory to my dealer on Thursday and I picked it up that evening.  Put a few hours on these past few nights just enjoying the process.  My XLR cables will arrive next week so using my Audience AU24SE RCAs between the VAC Renaissance Mk3 and the Ayre with AU24SE speaker cables.  I loved the Thiel with my VAC KT88 amp, but this is a different level of enjoyment.  In two weeks the system moves to our newly purchased home where it will have a room mostly dedicated to it and more room to stretch its musical legs.  Need to get some hours on the amp now so we are well on our way through the initial break in period.
Rick
Congratulations on your new addition! Larger room is always better and I'm sure you will see that after the move. I hope you still have the tube amp and try it after your move, but Ayre makes excellent products. 
The VAC is listed for sale, but have not received an acceptable offer yet. I may have the opportunity to retry it, but I like this new direction a lot.  Tubes in the preamp and phono section remain.