Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
My pleasure- scarberian

I look forward in reading more about your speakers and their history.

Happy Listening!

Hello!  I'm moving over to this forum to continue my journey.  I am currently running McIntosh C41 preamp, MC7150 amp, Benchmark DAC1-PRE, Cambridge CXC transport, Realistic LAB-400 turntable and a MacBook pro for Roon, Tidal and ripped ALAC.  And of course, my Thiel CS3.6's.

I have the possibility (50%) of selling the pre-amp and amp.  I am not unhappy with any of the above pieces.  I just enjoy finding a bargain, listening, and then moving up.  At some point I might quit the hamster wheel, but for now, its time to change.

I love the 3.6's.  So, if I get rid of the pre-amp and map, I could use the Benchmark as a pre (for a while and purchase a phono preamp) and concentrate on getting the best amp for the money.  I am looking for something used in the $3k-$4k range.  Tube or SS.  Since auditioning is difficult in the Cincinnati area, I'm looking for good solid realistic suggestions.  I'm all ears!

dnanstad...

I am currently using a Simaudio 340i integrated with my 3.6's. Previously I had a Pass Labs X150.5 amplifier, 150 into 8ohms, 300 watts into 4ohms with my CS3.5's and it was possibly the best combo I had.  So much so I foolishly sold my first one only to buy another later.  It's THAT good. 

Unsound, another contributor here with a wealth of information regarding Thiel, correctly points out that the 3.6's require considerably more power than the 3.5's to perform best.  

I'm currently weighing the possible return to separates and if - I said IF, jafant - I go that way again,  Pass Labs tops my list. 
Welcome! dnanstad.

there is a wealth of info here for you my friend. Quite a few of the guys are using and enjoying older/vintage Thiel loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!