Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Thank you, Kenny (Kdude66). I’ve enjoyed your posts in the Tekton Double Impact thread.

Geoffkait 5-26-2017
Ignore the AV just like the AC when it’s traveling in the direction toward the wall outlet. You can’t hear what’s headed toward the wall outlet, only what’s headed toward the speakers. That’s why fuses are directional in both DC circuits and AC circuits. CASE CLOSED.
On the other hand, though, an instructive experiment might be to install a diode having a suitable current rating in place of the mains fuse of a component. Connecting it such that it would allow current in the direction of the component, but would block current in the direction of the wall outlet.

Chances are nothing much at all would be heard in most cases. Before as well as after the component’s power transformer burns out due to the resulting DC offset.

Regards,
-- Al

Al, let us know how that works out. The rest of us have already done the experiment. Hel-loo!

Cheers,

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

geoffkait5,692 posts05-26-2017 11:48pmDamage Control! Damage Control! Report to bridge!

You even felt it, king of the voodoo'ists 
One post ever and this!  Has to be blatant shilling.
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/synergistic-red-fuse/post?postid=1427691#1427691

Cheers George

How so Georgie Boy? Everyone has a first post. Was your first post shilling? You don't have to answer that.

I will and No!
I was answering questions and giving links to circuits so members could build their own, as that was the main aim way back in 25th May 2006 on diyAudio.com
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/80194-lightspeed-attenuator-new-passive-preamp.html#post924390

BTW: his 1 and only post was removed, I wonder why???

Cheers George