Anyone try KT150 in Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP

I love my HP. I've had it over a year and have rolled KT120 into it from the EL34. I like both sets. But the EL is more "liquid". The sound is awesome. With the KT120s I like the added power and punch. But it can be a bit fatiguing. It's the midrange glare that I notice most. So I wonder if anyone has rolled KT 150s into it. Does it keep most of the niceness of the EL 34s?  Do the 150s have less of that midrange glare?  

What at are your thoughts if you've tried this?  Maybe Kevin Deal has an opinion?  
128x128soundermn
I currently own a ARC VT-80 and contemplating the switch from my current Tung Sol KT-120 to KT-150 for sometime. 

i am also on waitlist for psvane treasure tubes. 

http://psvanetube.com/wordpress/store/products/treasure-kt120-z-select-quad/

Kenny, what brand of KT-150 you tried? 

Cheers! 

I recently replaced the old stock Mullard el34s in my amp with Genalex - Gold Lion KT77 and like them much more in all parameters. First time using anything other than el34s, highly recommended.

lalitk,

I have only used the new production tung sol kt 150,they are the only ones I'm aware of.I'm not sure if your vt-80 can use them.

Jetter,
The gold lion kt77 is just a wonderful tube I have used it in a couple of diff. amps with excellent sound.I have also recommended the gold lion kt77 to several people and they just love it,I have even heard them in a very nicely upgraded restored dynaco st-70.

Kenny.

I’m pretty sure the HP can use the KT150. Ask Upscale Audio as they are the importer. It is a very nice tube as I have some with my Premium (non-HP). Mine aren’t quite broken in but they have a nice midrange, good extension and great bass punch. From my understanding and I am not sure what speaker you have and their characteristics but a slightly warm IC would work very well with the 150’s.

I didn't care for the KT120 with my PL Premium and agree they had a nasty midrange glare and I couldn’t get rid of it no matter what driver or gain tube I used. Otherwise not a bad tube as other manufacturers have used them successfully.

Thanks!  The Primalunas are all able to use KT150s, except the Prologue Classic, I think.  I am certain that the Dialogues can use KT150.  

Sam and KDude, thanks for your comments!  Very helpful!  Interesting that Sam had the same experience I did with the KT120s.  I liked them when I had a PL Dialogue One.  But, I think the HP is just more refined, making the grain more noticeable.  

Keep the thoughts coming!