901 series 2 speakers

hi, anybody out there have any thoghts of the bose 901 series 2 speakers?
128x128g_nakamoto
kosst, yeah, true.

But that was then, and it's certainly now.  It could have been done, something like it did get done, and that's what lead to what's done now.

Progressions happen with remarkable frequency. ;)

Darkness into the light, only to find we're still in the dark. *L*
Line arrays evolved from the stuff Bear Owsley was doing with the Wall of Sound that The Grateful Dead toured with. Contrary to what a lot of companies hock as line arrays, they're defined by a set of charactistics that cannot be achieved by cones and domes alone. Before line arrays, speaker were arranged to emulate point sources, usually poorly. Meyer Sound has a wealth of white papers available on the subjects of point source and line arrays. 
Here is a decent little kit for only $100... they'll enter you into the audiophile world decent imaging, fairly smooth and detailed.... I'm sure that you might want a bit more bass, but you can add a subwoofer at anytime.  I hope this helps. Tim 
https://www.parts-express.com/c-note-mt-bookshelf-speaker-kit-pair-with-knock-down-cabinets--300-714...

Bose no longer sells the 901s in the US. I would  not be surprised to see the other two passive speakers, 201 and the other one go away soon.

There were a rumor years ago about a new generation 901, there were sketches of it, looked very contemporary and it would be powered by an internal amp. With advances in DSP I could see a "decent" sounding next gen 901 debuting