HELP AFTER MY MODS, My tweeters are subdued and weak-

So I have a pair of Mirage M1 speakers, I changed the caps in the crossovers to Jantzen Superior Z (for the tweeters) and standard z for the mids and bass.

I also changed the internal cabling to Supra Classic 2.5.

First Impressions-  Not burned in yet
The highs are there but really recessed in the background. Theres a song I reference and it has a steel guitar solo, I can bearly hear it through the vocals because its seems recessed so far back.

SO HERES THE QUESTION- Is that a symptom of unburned in cables and or caps, or is that just what Supra cables give you?

When I changed the internal cabling a few years back on the same model speaker, I used DH LABS t14 Silver plated cable, This had the opposite effect, it was super bright and fast, but it smoothed out and the brightness relaxed, leaving a lot of detail but not so much your ears bled.

But here its the opposite, its dull on the top end and the vocals kind of take over and blur out the top end.

idahifi
Admittedly, I am the dude who knows just enough to get himself in trouble.

So forgive the stupid questions....

So I haven't pulled apart the other speaker's crossover yet, is there a way I can measure the resistance on the other crossover to see where it's supposed to be, so I can figure out what resistor to add in series of these new caps. 

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out what new caps are going towards ground and not in series with the driver. Would anyone mind looking to see if you can determine this from the pic
https://postimg.org/image/er6t30pon/

I'm at that point where I spent a good amount of time and money, and I'm left with a sick feeling of oh crap I don't like this... 
Please, if you can take a stab at this , I'd be forever grateful....
Idahifi,

Bring your problem over to DIYhifi, where you will find tons of speaker design geeks in the Multi-Way forum. :)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/

I can help you there more easily with pics, diagrams etc.

Best,

E
Hi Idahifi,  The last time that I used the Jantzen Z caps as replacements,  I had the exact same issue.  It took about 40 hours before they came to life.  If it is truly a problem of ESR differences in caps,  that can be measured and compensated for with a resistor.  Really the series resistance shouldn't be great enough unless there are alot of caps paralleled maybe, but if resistance is that far off,  it could even effect the crossover point.  Overall simple cap replacements in a crossover should not be a problem.