Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Nice score! prof-

you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the CS 2.7 as it is no slouch.
I look forward in reading about your impressions, thoughts and comparisons versus the CS 3.7 model.  Happy Listening!
Prof, I was watching those 2.7s, but I did not bid. I have been very curious whether either the 2.7s or 3.7s would be worth the expense to replace my reliable 3.6s. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on comparing the 2.7s with the 3.7s.

I will certainly report my impressions here.  It would be cool if the 2.7s work out for me.

After a lengthy auditioning process of numerous smaller speakers, the one left that I'm still considering are the Joseph Audio Perspective speakers - far smaller than the Thiels, but big sound (not as huge as the 3.7s) with gorgeous tonality.

I also played around with the idea of grabbing some JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme V2 monitors, which sounded quite nice.

I've also recently become quite interested in Kudos speakers which have an amazingly vivid and palpable sound, with great tone,  but auditions of their higher end models are very hard to come by in North America.
prof-

a room size of 20x20, minimum, is the starting point for owning the CS 3.7 speaker.  It throws that size of a sound stage. I would label that kind of space large. The CS 2.7 comes into a room smaller in size or a medium space.  The Joseph Audio Pearl model is more on-par w/ the CS 3.7 speaker.  Both are very fine loudspeakers with the Pearl costing much more.  Happy Listening!
Good to see you- jonandfamily. Hope you are ready for Summer.
Happy Listening!