Vintage DIN phono cables, any good?

The question is about old DIN tonearm phono cables for the top of the line vintage Japanese tonearms. 
I wonder how good those old cables are compared to the mid priced new cables ?

For example an old Audio Craft, SAEC, Fidelity Research, SONY  cables made for their top of the line tonearms are good? It's easy to replace an old RCA connectors, but what about the cables? Some of them are silver and must be a good quality. 

Any thoughts? 
Thanks 
128x128chakster
FWIW, I use an aftermarket DIN to RCA phono cable on my FR64S with solid silver wiring.  My FR64S has the "silver inside" decal, so I thought it would be interesting to go all the way with silver.  An eBay vendor sold me the wires for a very reasonable price.
The old (original) cable of my Sony PUA-7 tonearm was dead quite with low output MC, better than more expensive new phono cable. That’s why i think for the top models of the tonearms they should supply their very best cable (not suppossed to be replaced by the user at that time).

I’m curious about the sound quality of the Audio-Craft low resistance ARR-T din phono cable designed for MC cartridges.

My impression by the most Japanese tonearms ( I was tonearm

collector earlier) was /is that they all used Din 5 -RCA cables

provided by the same supplier. All of them with copper wire which

coroded as function of time. There are of cource exceptions but

the most of those cables are worthless. It is not difficult to make

our own if one can handle soldering bolt. One can then chose

among many obtainable wires. But one need to be cereful with

their dimensions. The wire need to fit in those (damn) Din 5

connectors (grin).

@nandric do you mean corrosion of the old connectors or corrosion of the whole copper signal cable inside the isolation material? How about silver then?

If the old copper is corroded (just because it's old) then each time we have to fully rewire every vintage tonearm we have, but for some reason many of them sounds great in stock condition with original old cables. Why?   

Dear chakster, I meant corrosion of the copper wire but assume

that everyone changed those old RCA connectors(grin). I also

stated ''with some exception'' by tonearm producers who made

their own phono-cables. For example Ikeda produced silver cable

which was available as separate and usually bought for the FR-66.

Micro and SAEC also produced or ordered , say, better cables

for their (more expensive) tonearms. But speaking in general

those old Din 5 cables are worthless despite the fact that our

dear chakster thinks otherwise.