Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
even though the limiteds(3's and 6's) appear to be radically different from the classic series, their sound (as i remember) from auditions in mpls and chicago, was very close. classic 'east coast' top to bottom.after hoisting the 30's (wrapped as mummies)to an upsairs landing ajacent to the latest listening room(they wouldn't navigate a spiral staircase), i have promised my 'better half' i would stop for awhile with 'monument' sized loudspeakers. comparisons of the classics and the limiteds to speakers made today in the tens of thousands of dollars are valid and good news for the hobbyist.... as well as disturbing for todays so-called state-of-the-art. minty pairs are getting snatched up. too bad ar was getting overlooked at the time these babies came out. i haven't enjoyed music this way in years.
Thanks Jaybo. I hav'nt listened to enough speakers to identify the "east coast" sound but if the AR Classic are it, I like it.

I remember the salesman who sold them to me saying that AR was hoping to sell the Classic series big time in Japan. The problem was the speaker was shaped like a Japanese infant coffin so it did not go over well there (oops).

Enjoy those Cassics.

the best laid plans.....when i say 'east coast' i guess what i'm refering to is a flat response from top to bottom. no exageration of any one frequency. someone has a pair of limited 3.'s on the gon right now. one thing that i've noticed over the years with acoustic suspension designs is they are not fussy about electronics. Most of the AR alumni(a laundry list of great designers) believed that a well designed pair of loudspeakers would give one the flexibility of spending less on other components and still obtain true high fidelity. imagine a group of brilliant audiophiles concerned about people spending too much. its a plot for a science fiction movie.
Very proud to share my admiration for the Piega C-10 Limiteds....I've had them here at the Love Shack for only 6 months, but they've been 6 SMILING months.. Kind of a Raquel Welch, (in her days/present)speaker seduction each evening. I believe the C-10 ltds are an Alien being :-) brent
CROWN ES224 and/or CROWN ES212, whether made by CROWN or RTR.
I'm trying to "keep them going". May have to replace panels and power supply to one or two 224's. Fortunately I put these parts away some time ago.

I keep looking for more, bu, sadly,t there aren't many out there. Though recently ebay had a pair of 212's (in Australia).