Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Undoubtedly unsound will offer wise advice/suggestions regarding powering the 3.7's appropriately;  his past advice regarding my former 3.5's was useful and utilized. Toward that end I have to once again offer my opinion on Pass Labs - if the cost is in your wheelhouse.  Right now there's an X250 up for grabs here for $2500 - pretty much the same amount I paid for my two, on separate occasions, X150.5's.  I believe the X250 is 250 into 8ohms, 450-500 into 4ohms. Pass was by far and away the most neutral or colorless amplifier I've owned to date, IMHO a perfect match for Thiel loudspeakers which share the same sonic descriptions - colorless, neutral, accurate.  

Per unsound's spot-on remarks, the 3.5's were/are possibly the easiest Thiel model to drive without stressing the amp, 300 watts into 4 ohms and I never stressed a hair remaining on me head. 

Funny how we evolve our systems around these excellent speakers, ain't it?
oblgny, I have tried other solid state amps including Krell and Bryston with by Audio Research tube preamps, and ended up selling and going back to AR tube amps, now with a Ref 150. I'm always looking for better. Do you think the X250 would match up with my AR Ref 5E preamp and my 3.6s?
The add was mine!I had a lapse in judgment!At the time I was sick of b.s. offers and was ready to give them away!Im keeping them and would no longer let them go for that! I was ready to back to b&ws,not any more!I haven't ever seen another pair like mine yet!I think someday I'll leave them to my son.
jonandfamily...

I'm currently using a Simaudio integrated with my 3.6's and find it pretty damn good, 200 watts into their 4ohm load.  I sold off my second X150.5 and a BAT VK3i preamp simply because I grew weary of all the wires and what not. 

I started  out with a First Watt M2(?) ss amp and almost immediately moved to my first X150.5 when I got my first pair of 3.5's. I've had a few AR preamps and they pair exceptionally with Pass and Thiel.  The X250 for sale here is an early model, followed by the 250.5, and the 250.8. From what I've discovered, at least with the 150 series, there is no manufacturer upgrade path from one to the next. Obviously, Pass commands a pretty steep entrance fee - the 250 for sale here is as much as a used X150.5 goes for currently, but with a LOT MORE power on tap. 

Yes, I'd say the Pass 250 is more than well suited to your 3.6's.  
corvette01,

So if I understand correctly you got only really lowball offers?  That seems weird, since as far as I can tell 3.7s have sold fairly well over the last couple of years (and now are all the more rare).  I wonder if people are wary of a custom finish or something?