Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
My Modwright Oppo 205 is well broken in now and I am very impressed. I feel that Modwright has taken advantage of an excellent ESS 9038 DAC chip with an excellent transformer coupled tube stage and the results are outstanding. Fine micro details and very dynamic. I felt it had overtaken my PS Audio DS until the recent firmware update which brings the DS up another level. Anyway, my point being the 205 is excellent and the Mods are so worth it for your 2 channel listening.
dlcockrum,

If dual mono DACs and heavy duty power supplies are your cup of tea I say look no farther than Audio-GD, I did and own one of their NOS DACs.

I have a 103D, excellent gear, perfect picture and streaming Pandora at 128kHz thru analog output jacks sounds very good to me...

I have been researching upgrade to 203/205, new machines that are not merely upgraded 103/105 gear.

Thanks Jeffrey. I’ll check it out.

The latest Oppos are said to be excellent mod candidates. I recommend ModWright. Dan does 205 mods. Excellent! No need for an external DAC then 8^D

Dave

High end cables of any kind, from Audioquest or Synergistic Research for example, absolutely make noticeable improvements in video reproduction.  One should buy what ever one's wallet and sound/video values permit.  People that say high end hdmi cables make no difference have poor listening skills or hearing and/or have never heard these type of cables.

Having eyes and ears, and the other two senses too, does not make  a person observant.   Being able to eat food, or hear sound, or see does not instantly make a person observant.  Practice makes perfect. 

Observing the details and changes that happen over time with audio and video hones the skills needed to appreciate what high end cable manufacturers create.  They know what they are doing!

If you have good listening and viewing skills and so can see and hear differences in video and audio reproductions, then try the Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI.  It will please you as you watch and/ or listen to your system.  If you can afford the Vodka HDMI cable, by all means get it.  

If your visual or audio observation skills are poor, then a better reproduction of video or audio will be difficult, and probably unimportant to you, so don't even read about better cables.

I am using the Diamond HDMI cable.  It was like getting an upgrade on my top of the line Sony displays.  Brighter, better contrast, blacks, more 3D, transparency, etc.  No other way to get these results.  Quite shocking really.

Overall, these changes, with the Audioquest HDMI upgrade was very natural.  I found the Wireworld cables overly etched and not natural the way they changed the images and audio.

Give it a try.