Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I am original owner of a pair of OHM Ls I still use and enjoy that I bought new back in 1978. They went for about $500 a pair back then. I rebuilt them once myself a few years back and they still sound great and excel with progressive rock music in particular.

These were designed as a smaller option to the classic larger Advents that were all the buzz back in the day. We sold both at Tech Hifi and I clearly recall the Ls lived up to their billing.

One unique aspect of these old OHM designs is that OHM is still in business and provides service, parts and upgrades for pretty much every speaker model they have ever sold, including these. Modern refurbed versions can also be had when available for not much more than these cost almost 40 years ago. If modern speaker large, holographic sound stage capabilities are not a priority, these old simple box designs deliver a of bang for the buck still and are worth hanging on to for life. Modern high quality similar designs like HArbeth for example do not come cheap.
I bought a ton of stuff at Tech back in the day. I am selling off a Luxman tuner I got there. Last thing I have left
I remember how cool those OHM's were back in the day. They weren't for me. Even the MBL"s aren't my cup of tea, but I can see why folks love them so much. Again, we all listen for different things. This is interesting as it's not 'what is the best speakers you've heard', it's one that you have an emotional attachment to. I thought my Proacs would be with me til I died, even though I knew they weren't exactly what I wanted. The more I learned about listening I realized this year that I wanted new speakers. The Proacs kept sounding better and better, but I also knew it was time. They are still better than most speakers up to 2500 and someone will get a great deal on the towers and or matching monitors, but I wanted the Vandy's after hearing them. They just get it right, but they are also very expensive.
von schweikert vr2s which I own. I also own vr4 II with the factory mod to vr5s. Perfect for me. Either one with the favorite being the vr4-5s.