Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I remember how cool those OHM's were back in the day. They weren't for me. Even the MBL"s aren't my cup of tea, but I can see why folks love them so much. Again, we all listen for different things. This is interesting as it's not 'what is the best speakers you've heard', it's one that you have an emotional attachment to. I thought my Proacs would be with me til I died, even though I knew they weren't exactly what I wanted. The more I learned about listening I realized this year that I wanted new speakers. The Proacs kept sounding better and better, but I also knew it was time. They are still better than most speakers up to 2500 and someone will get a great deal on the towers and or matching monitors, but I wanted the Vandy's after hearing them. They just get it right, but they are also very expensive.
von schweikert vr2s which I own. I also own vr4 II with the factory mod to vr5s. Perfect for me. Either one with the favorite being the vr4-5s.
That brings back a memory. I built a kit from Fried call the super monitor and a couple of revisions after that. I always had a soft spot for that. Perhaps because I built it. It went deep, shook the walls, clear and clean with not much electronics getting in the way with the 1st order crossover.
Nice list. Still selling off my Proac Supertowers in teak, lol....I've been fortunate to listen to most of your choices and have enjoyed them in various forms. I loved those EOS with mods as stands....they just looked cool. I think it was in a Dallas store if I recall correctly.