Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
That brings back a memory. I built a kit from Fried call the super monitor and a couple of revisions after that. I always had a soft spot for that. Perhaps because I built it. It went deep, shook the walls, clear and clean with not much electronics getting in the way with the 1st order crossover.
Nice list. Still selling off my Proac Supertowers in teak, lol....I've been fortunate to listen to most of your choices and have enjoyed them in various forms. I loved those EOS with mods as stands....they just looked cool. I think it was in a Dallas store if I recall correctly.
I got to hear those Harbeths with Audio Note gear earlier this year and they didn't do it for me. I've read the reviews on here as well as elsewhere. I get that they sound nice, but for me they are lacking in detail. I realize that you don't really get 'detail' in live music. I can fully understand how the Harbeth crowd feel about speakers that sound differently...I could easily live with the Harbeth sound as it's enjoyable,but with the Vandersteen upper end lines, I found the best of both worlds as they are faster in the mids and seem to be more revealing into the music. JMHO and I fully get where others are coming from. I got PRoacs over Spendors years ago, so I guess that's that's why I decided to go with 'that' sound over the Harbeth sound.
Listen to a full-Sanders system; it is hard to say why, just go and listen.

Luca