Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I got to hear those Harbeths with Audio Note gear earlier this year and they didn't do it for me. I've read the reviews on here as well as elsewhere. I get that they sound nice, but for me they are lacking in detail. I realize that you don't really get 'detail' in live music. I can fully understand how the Harbeth crowd feel about speakers that sound differently...I could easily live with the Harbeth sound as it's enjoyable,but with the Vandersteen upper end lines, I found the best of both worlds as they are faster in the mids and seem to be more revealing into the music. JMHO and I fully get where others are coming from. I got PRoacs over Spendors years ago, so I guess that's that's why I decided to go with 'that' sound over the Harbeth sound.
Listen to a full-Sanders system; it is hard to say why, just go and listen.

Luca
I've had (and still have) three speaker systems "for life". KLH Model 5's, bought in 1972; B & W 801 F's bought in 1982 and ADS 1290's (with ADS 300 back channels) in 1992. I "just" bought a pair of Martin Logan CLS's (in 2007) and have worked them into the mix. They've all been restored at one time or another and are still going strong.