Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato

atmasphere

Geoffkait: why on Earth would they have even had someone test fuses if not to prove - or at least show evidence - that fuses in general are directional and that HiFi Tuning fuses exhibited better measured characteristics in terms of conductivity than other high end fuses of that time period as well as stock fuses? HiFi Tuning believes in fuse and wire directionality.

A much simpler answer is that they want your money and the way they are getting it is by making gold-plated fuses. The marketing rhetoric is of course to separate them from the much less expensive gold plated fuses used in cars.

Now, you’re just being silly. If you have a better mousetrap why not advertise it? It’s the difference between reality and hyperbole. Nothing more than that. Naysayers always demand tests and harrumph, harrumph. Here’s someone who actually provided tests - the only ones as far as I can tell - and still they moan and demand and grouse. 😛 

The whole problem with quantum mechanics these days is that it’s gotten so you can’t find the line separating quantum physics from classical physics. It’s not really correct to say that quantum mechanics is relegated to the very small or minuscule. It’s a dichotomy that Schrodinger’s Cat presents: Can quantum mechanics affect things in the macro world? And does observing collapse the waveform? We have recently seen how the same *quantum superposition* that’s found in the Schrodinger’s Cat experiment was employed by the Chinese scientists in achieving the new world record for quantum teleportation. So, obviously great distances can be involved, although the particles involved were very small, in that case. Unlike old school quantum mechanics view that relegated phenomena to very small distances, e.g., quantum confinement in nanoscale dimensions, I.e., deBroglie wavelength. Is it classical physics? Or is it quantum mechanics? You decide.
Who are these 'naysayers'??

The ones saying they can hear the difference, or the ones that confirm that there is a reason they can hear a difference?

I suspect those two groups are not the naysayers... because confirmation isn't naysaying.

Best I can make out, theres only one naysayer on this thread so far...
Atmasphere
Who are these ’naysayers’??

The ones saying they can hear the difference, or the ones that confirm that there is a reason they can hear a difference?

I suspect those two groups are not the naysayers... because confirmation isn’t naysaying.

Best I can make out, theres only one naysayer on this thread so far...

>>>>Whoa! What?! Wow! There is an even bigger chasm than I realized between the naysayers and the proponents. Who are they? Well, one definition is someone who believes that directionality of fuses or wire isn’t the issue, that there’s no such thing as fuse or wire directionality per se and that it’s the fuse holder that causing all the directionality. 😀