Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Who are these 'naysayers'??

The ones saying they can hear the difference, or the ones that confirm that there is a reason they can hear a difference?

I suspect those two groups are not the naysayers... because confirmation isn't naysaying.

Best I can make out, theres only one naysayer on this thread so far...
Atmasphere
Who are these ’naysayers’??

The ones saying they can hear the difference, or the ones that confirm that there is a reason they can hear a difference?

I suspect those two groups are not the naysayers... because confirmation isn’t naysaying.

Best I can make out, theres only one naysayer on this thread so far...

>>>>Whoa! What?! Wow! There is an even bigger chasm than I realized between the naysayers and the proponents. Who are they? Well, one definition is someone who believes that directionality of fuses or wire isn’t the issue, that there’s no such thing as fuse or wire directionality per se and that it’s the fuse holder that causing all the directionality. 😀

daverehab
Which is worse -misrepresenting a fact or embellishing your potential results?

"Perceptions determine value, and sometimes misconceptions cause prices to become utterly disconnected from the true underlying worth

Doubt I'll earn another gold star for this one

Probably get a poke in the eye with a sharp stick instead

>>>>>Whoa! I'm starting to get a bad feeling.

@almarg Thanks Al. Praise from you means a lot!

@teo Sorry if I was heavy-handed. Must be getting tetchey in my old age.