Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I got to hear those Harbeths with Audio Note gear earlier this year and they didn't do it for me. I've read the reviews on here as well as elsewhere. I get that they sound nice, but for me they are lacking in detail. I realize that you don't really get 'detail' in live music. I can fully understand how the Harbeth crowd feel about speakers that sound differently...I could easily live with the Harbeth sound as it's enjoyable,but with the Vandersteen upper end lines, I found the best of both worlds as they are faster in the mids and seem to be more revealing into the music. JMHO and I fully get where others are coming from. I got PRoacs over Spendors years ago, so I guess that's that's why I decided to go with 'that' sound over the Harbeth sound.
Listen to a full-Sanders system; it is hard to say why, just go and listen.

Luca
I've had (and still have) three speaker systems "for life". KLH Model 5's, bought in 1972; B & W 801 F's bought in 1982 and ADS 1290's (with ADS 300 back channels) in 1992. I "just" bought a pair of Martin Logan CLS's (in 2007) and have worked them into the mix. They've all been restored at one time or another and are still going strong.
HI Doug! Did you ever get your Joule's up and running?
Very interested in your analysis of them.
Kindest Regards
Tom Flynn (nutreez69)