Bluesound Node 2 as DAC for CD player?

Hey y'all,

I recently picked up a Bluesound Node 2 and have to say I am extremely happy with my purchase. Prior to this, I was streaming Tidal via Bluetooth to my Rotel RDD-1580 and have to say the Node 2 is superior in every way.

With this said, I'm contemplating the necessity of the Rotel DAC. If I'm streaming 99% of time and only occasionally want to spin a CD, couldn't I use the optical out on my CD player and the optical in on the Node and do away with the Rotel?

Thanks!

Joe

128x128audionoobie
I concur with Bec1195. 
The Bluesound DAC isn't bad for the price.
Though, if you want to improve it, I would suggest an Ayre Codex.
I use it with my Bluesound Node (1) and love it. Of course, you can plug in your Rotel, too.
B
Has anyone on this thread or otherwise had an opportunity to compare the overall sound quality (DAC and analog stage) of the Node 2 to the Oppo UDP-205? If so, what are your impressions?
Good grief ...Bluetooth is definitely not for audiophile streaming ... why bother with Tidal at all....
The only way to connect an external device, other than a thumb drive, to a Node2 is using a mini-optical/stereo minijack. No Toslink or coax inputs. There's also no selector switch. The unit is not intended to be used as a DAC. The Ayres Codex is an option only if your CDP has an optical output since it doesn't have an RCA coax input.