Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
prof

Whatever your decision, I hope you give everyone here a "Heads up" when you sell one pair or the other! Keep them in the family as it were....
prof,

I am happy that you have been able to take some time to decide the 2.7 / 3.7 debate. I know that there are more issues than speaker vs speaker. So; as earlier, I encourage you to take even more time if you are able.

It is obvious that a lot of members are anticipating your decision (including me) .  Just curious.

Anyway in hell to keep Both? This would be my predicament.

Went for another MRI this morning; Need to consider another round of non invasive treatment , another surgery or just tough out more therapy.

On a better note: Solved my hum issue in left channel. Needed to switch from single-ended to XLR on ICs between Preamp and Amps. Dead Quiet, deep black background. More detail. Did not lose any of the traits of my Manley Steelhead. Just happen to have a Pass pre and extra set of ICs. Very happy with system. 

Can finally focus on finishing room.

Just remember; whatever your decision. You'll play hell to reverse it.

Best to you
Norb

I'm in no hurry, nkonor.  (That's the nice thing about owning them to test out, vs a limited home audition with one of them).

Keeping both is an option, but one I'm trying to resist.  I tend to like one aspect of a speaker over another and not want to part with it for that reason, hence I build up a collection of speakers that have to be culled at some point. 

At this point the only other speaker in the running (for which I had a home audition) is the Joseph Audio Perspectives.   Given I'm looking for "smaller size profile with great aesthetics and great sound" the Perspectives fit that bill.  But they are incredibly expensive relative to these second hand 2.7s.

But I do want to try to end up with a pair of the Perspectives at some point, money-willing.  Neither the Perspectives nor the 2.7 give the scale of sound I get from the 3.7s so I may end up with a 2 speaker solution (e.g. maybe the 3.7s and the Perspectives, or the 2.7s and the Perspectives...I dunno...)

It would all be a lot easier if these Thiel designs weren't gone and hence scarce on the used market now.  That puts a lot more pressure on my decision, as you know.

BTW, best wishes for whatever health issue you are dealing with!
Scarce and Beautiful Condition; would concern me on the future used market.

Which pair exhibit more "continuousness" together?

Full range / Full size ; There is no substitute.

A great small speaker remains so IMO.

DIY like Ivan is not my cup of tea.

Just my thoughts.

Best
Norb