recommendations for amplifiers that don't emit tons of heat

I tried a Krell ksa 150 and while I liked the sound, it was like having a space heater in the room. I now have an Audio research vt100. It sounds fantastic, but it makes the room hot as well. Not as bad as the Krell, but it's still a drag in the summer.

I'm guessing I should just suck it up, but I'm curious what cooler running options there are that sound as good (or better)... suggestions?
tripg
Y'know, if you like the sound you are getting there is a much less expensive option, which is simply to have a vent installed to the outside that allows the heat to escape the room rather than warming it up. This can be done for a few hundred dollars at most (which if really sophisticated might include a wall switch with a fan to help move the air). I've seen this be very effective!
Most any Class D amp is relatively small, very power efficient and runs cool. Many good ones out there. I use a Bel Canto c5i in an enclosed audio cabinet and also have other BC 500w/ch power amps. Neither ever gets even slightly warm.
My Son of Ampzilla 2000 runs very cool!

Has 100 wpc into 8 ohms, 200 wpc into 4 ohms, and will drive a 2 ohm load.

2400 watt power supply transformer, and superb sound.

No longer made.

James Bongiorno's best sounding amp IMO.
I was thinking 8X10 room without furniture is relatively small so you'll probably sit only a few feet away from the gear. One other option, depending on the height of the room, is to put the amplifier on a real high stand as close as safely possible to the ceiling. Won't solve the problem but might help a little bit.