Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
@gdhal   Hi. You are welcome.

Unfortunately I can't answer your specific question.

I did not use the 205 as a transport with digital coax out to the Yggy.   I'm setup for network based streaming (nearly 100% now).

And yes, Coax or Optical are the only two Digital Outputs from the 205. I'd be open to the optical out as well...never hurts to try. There are converters, but then you'd be adding another box and cables into the mix.

The only way to know for sure is to borrow one (the Yggy) and try it out for yourself. Or order it and opt for the return should it not be what you were expecting. The upside to ordering is that the current Yggys will have the new Gen 5 USB board.

Personally, I consider the Schiit Yggdrasil to be an exceptional DAC. I've upgraded cabling, optimized the USB stream, etc. all with very positive and marked results. For me, it's one of those no brainer recommendations. But as you know, no component is perfect and everyone's preferences are their own.
a25105,
I still haven't connected the Oppo 205 to my 2 channel system to compare it to the PS Direct Stream. But I will perhaps next week.

dbphd,
I am using Dish, way better picture and sound quality over my previous Comcast.

Personally, I would not buy anything from Schiit. I was treated badly and charged 50% of the purchase price for a return on an item that I only had for 2 weeks and was like new when it was returned. Albeit the item was  originally about $150 but 50% was a bit much for restocking, shipping, customer service etc. charges. Never again, there name is appropriate...

ozzy

Interesting discussion.  Seems to suggest that the 205 is good if you need the transport & connection features.  For strictly DAC quality, a similar priced, well designed, dedicated product (including the Sonica DAC) will likely result in better sonic quality.

I'm curious because I have a Resonessence Concero HD as my DAC, but I also would like a transport. Was hoping that the 205 might serve that purpose and meet or exceed the Concero DAC.  

I would appreciate any comments between them, especially if you have experience with both.  Thanks

As a side note, the Resonessence designers came from the Sabre DAC design team, so they know the Sabre chips well.  I have heard the Resonessence Veritas ($2850) which wasn't a huge improvement over the Concero for over three times the price.  However, the Mirus Pro ($6000) was the best DAC I have heard, but also seven times more costly.  
...Personally, I would not buy anything from Schiit. I was treated badly and charged 50% of the purchase price for a return on an item that I only had for 2 weeks and was like new when it was returned. Albeit the item was originally about $150 but 50% was a bit much for restocking, shipping, customer service etc. charges. Never again, there name is appropriate...

@ozzy 

That is unfortunate (for me) to read. Were you within the 15 day return windows?